2012 Men's Basketball Postseason Information
NCAA Tournament Ticket Information
Cal Men's Basketball has received a bid to play in the 2012 NCAA Tournament play-in round of 68. The Golden Bears will face South Florida in Dayton, Ohio for the right to become the 12th seed overall in the Midwest Region. The winner will face the No. 5 seed Temple Owls on Friday, March 16 in Nashville, TN.
Ticket Purchase Priority Windows - The Cal Athletic Ticket Office will not have access to play-in game tickets for Cal vs. South Florida in Dayton. Tickets can be purchased through the NCAA. If Cal beats South Florida, the Bears will have approximately 200 tickets to Rounds 2 and 3 in the Midwest Region.
- Priority to purchase tickets to Cal games in the NCAA tournament Rounds 2 and 3 will be based upon 2011 Bear Backer level
- Tuesday, March 13 - 9am to 4pm PT - Exclusive purchase window for Bear Backers at the Golden C ($1,200) level and above. Limit (4) tickets per person.
- Wednesday, March 14 - 9am to 4pm PT - Exclusive purchase window for Bear Backers at the Cal Club ($100) level and above and 2011-2012 season ticket holders. Limit (2) tickets per person.
- Thursday, March 15 - 9am to 4pm PT- General Public. Limit (2) tickets per person.
How to order tickets
If Cal wins the play-in game, and once your window to purchase tickets has arrived, call our Cal Athletic Ticket Office at (800) GO BEARS. Tickets will be available for pick-up at the Will Call window at the tournament site. Tickets can only be purchased by calling the Cal Athletic Ticket Office. Tickets cannot be purchased online.
NOTE: Interested fans can also directly contact the host site for game tickets, as the host site might have additional tickets for sale. However, it is unlikely that these seats would be located near the Cal section.
Cal will play its Second Round game on Friday, March 16.
- The specific date, time, location, and opponent will be available when the pairings are announced on Sunday, March 11. Game times will not be announced until Monday, March 12.
- If Cal wins its second Round game, customers who have purchased tickets for the Second Round game will automatically be charged and receive tickets for the Third Round game. The Third Round game will occur two days after the Second Round game at the same site, and tickets would be available for pick-up at the arena Will Call window. Seat locations are not guaranteed to be the same.
- The eight sites for Second and third Round games are Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania; Greensboro, North Carolina; Louisville, Kentucky; Columbus Ohio; Portland, Oregon; Omaha, Nebraska; Nashville, Tennessee; and Albuquerque, New Mexico.
- Each site has four games and two sessions for Round Two and two games and one session for Round Three. The ticket(s) purchased is only for the session Cal is playing in at the site.
Visit CalBears.com or call (800) GO BEARS for up-to-date information on post-season basketball. As always, thank you for your continued support and enthusiasm.