Cal Men's Tennis Defeats Washington
Bears cruise to a 7-0 triumph.
Jan. 30, 1998
BERKELEY, Calif. - The University of California men's tennis team defeated Washington 7-0 in an Pac-10 dual match at the Hellman Tennis Center in Berkeley, Calif. Friday afternoon. The victory raised Cal's dual match record to 3-0, while Washington slipped to 2-1.
The Bears got thing rolling early taking the doubles point as Cal won two of three hotly contested matches. Cal then swept through singles play, winning all six matches, to seal the victory.
With the shut out, the Bears third in a row, Cal has yet to dropped a single point in dual match play on the season. Last weekend, Cal shout both Saint Mary's, 6-0, and Santa Clara, 7-0.
The Cal men's tennis team will return to action Saturday, Jan. 31 when they host the Oregon Ducks in a dual match at the Hellman Tennis Center. Match time is set for 12 noon.
MEN'S COLLEGE TENNIS
1. Bobby Mahal (Cal) def. Robert Kendrick(UW) 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
2. Minh Le (Cal) def. Eric Drew (UW) 6-2, 7-5
3. Kian Raiszadeh (Cal) def. Marius Lunde (UW) 6-1, 7-6
4. David Sutton (Cal) def. Andi Prosavac (UW) 6-4, 6-3
5. Erik Dmytruk (Cal) def. Sasha Rampazzo (UW) 7-5, 6-3
6. Scott Kintz (Cal) def. Jeremy Berman (UW) 4-6, 7-6, 6-4
1. Kendrick/Drew (UW) def. Dmytruk/Le (Cal) 9-7
2. Barnes/Kintz (Cal) def. Quantrochi/Wooley (UW) 9-7
3. Mahal/Sutton (Cal) def. Prosavac/Rampazzo (UW) 9-8
FINAL SCORE: CAL 7 WASHINGTON 0