Sept. 26, 2012
With Cal football returning to Memorial Stadium after two weeks away from home, Golden Bear fans will notice several improvements intended to enhance their gameday experience. Many of the changes were made at the suggestion of fans who either contacted the department directly or responded to a survey sent to all ticket holders after the opener against Nevada.
The steps taken are all part of the Gold Standard, Cal Athletics' commitment to providing outstanding customer service to all of its customers, whether they are long-time season-ticket holders or first-time visitors.
Among the changes that will be implemented for Saturday's contest against Arizona State are:
- Adding more staff with "How can I help you?" signs to assists ticket holders throughout the stadium
- Working with Meyer Sound to adjust speaker direction and sound levels for the stadium sound system
- Adjusting the process to be more efficient with wrist bands to improve flow in and out of the clubs levels
- Removing the posts and net behind the goalpost in the north end zone to enhance the viewing experience in the GoldZone. A smaller net with narrower posts will be installed at a future date.
- Adding 10 golf carts to the ADA service routes
- Improving signage at the ADA golf-cart locations to make them more visible and adding six new postgame pick-up points -
- Centennial Drive at Stadium Rim Way
- Prospect Parking Lot (Gate 6)
- Bottom of the International House Parking Lot
- In front of the Haas School of Business
- Gate 1
- Adding more portable stands to offset long lines at the concourse concession stands
- Moving some food service stations to Stadium Rim Way to alleviate overcrowding on the east side
- Adding made-to-order sushi, a specialty bar and a specialty salad bar to the Field Club
- Monitoring lines at the North Ticket Windows to improve crowd management
- Adding ticket sales and service locations at gates 3, 5 and 10, as well as at the Guest Services locations inside the stadium
If you would like to offer any suggestions on how to make further upgrades to the gameday experience, email firstname.lastname@example.org