Dec. 29, 2012
Box Score |
- With today's result, Cal lost to a team from the Ivy League for the first time since a 74-71 setback to Penn in Berkeley on Nov. 29, 1999.
- As a team, the Bears tied a school record with 11 blocks in the game. Cal also had 11 vs. Cal State Northridge on Feb. 10, 1993 and at UC Irvine on Dec. 22, 1990.
- Cal is now 0-4 when trailing at halftime this year.
- Allen Crabbe scored a game-high 27 points - reaching at least 20 for the seventh time this season.
- With his 27 points, Crabbe moved into 25th place on Cal's all-time scoring list, now with 1,181 points. Next up is No. 24 Gene Ransom, who had 1,183 points from 1971-73.
- Three Golden Bears were out of Saturday's game due to injuries - G Brandon Smith (concussion), G Ricky Kreklow (ankle) and F Christian Behrens (knee). As a result, four starters played at least 33 minutes (Crabbe played all 40).
- Richard Solomon set his career high in blocks with his fourth of the game with 7:21 left in the first half. He finished with 5. The total was the highest for a Cal player since DeVon Hardin also had 5 vs. Santa Clara on Nov. 20, 2006. Solomon had blocked three shots in a game six times previously, most recently against Pacific on Nov. 25.
- Cal shot 0-for-6 from three-point range vs. Harvard. The last time the Bears did not make a three-pointer was against San Diego State on Dec. 8, 2010 (0-9, lost 77-57).