Dec. 22, 2012
Box Score |
- Richard Solomon scored a career-high 18 points, topping his previous best of 14 attained three times previously - vs. UNLV and Pacific earlier this season and vs. Washington as a freshman in 2011.
- With 23 points, Allen Crabbe moved up two spots on Cal's career scoring list and is now 28th all-time.
- With 1,154 total points, he passed Harper Kamp (1,133 from 2008-12) and Butch Hays (1,145 from 1981-84). Next up is Michael Chavez, who totaled 1,162 points from 1980-83.
- Crabbe reached 20 points for the sixth time this season and for the first time since totaling 25 at Wisconsin on Dec. 2.
- Crabbe also tied his career high with 3 steals. He had 3 vs. Mississippi in the first round of the 2011 National Invitation Tournament.
- After shooting a combined 10-for-38 (26.3%), including 1-of-12 from three-point range, over the past two games vs. Creighton and UC Santa Barbara, Crabbe finished 8-for-11 from the floor (3-4 3P) against Prairie View A&M.
- Jeff Powers scored his first points of the season on a jump shot midway through the first half. He finished with 9 points, his highest total since tallying 10 vs. USC in 2011.
- After falling behind, 9-4, three minutes into the game, Cal responded with a 14-0 run over the next three minutes to take an 18-4 lead.
- Cal is 33-5 in nonconference home games under Mike Montgomery.
- The 47 points Cal scored in the first half were the most by the Bears in one period this season, topping the 45 Cal tallied in the first half of the season vs. Cal State Bakersfield.