Dec. 18, 2012
Box Score |
- With the win, Cal now leads the series with UCSB, 10-0
- Cal improved to 32-5 in nonconference home games under Mike Montgomery.
- Tyrone Wallace, in his first career start, recorded his first double-double. He had a career-high-tying 10 rebounds and added 10 points. Wallace also had 10 boards last Saturday vs. Creighton. In addition, he added 4 assists and two steals against the Gauchos.
- Wallace is the second Cal player to have a double-double this season, joining David Kravish (11-12 at Denver).
- Cal matched a season- low with 8 turnovers. The Bears also had 8 in last Saturday's game vs. Creighton.
- Robert Thurman finished with a season-high 14 points (7-11 FG). He had 10 points by halftime, which matched his previous best of 10 points scored at Denver earlier this year. Thurman's career high is 16 points set at Washington last season.
- UCSB's 22 points at the break represents the lowest by a Cal opponent in a half this season.
- Cal went nearly 17 minutes between turnovers (16:47 to be exact). The Bears committed their second turnover of the contest at the 11:34 mark of the first half and didn't commit their third until 14:47 remained in the game.
- Cal changed starting lineups for the first time this season with freshman Tyrone Wallace being inserted into the opening quintet. Allen Crabbe, Justin Cobbs, David Kravish and Richard Solomon have started all 10 games.
- UC Santa Barbara set Cal opponent season highs for three-pointers made (13) and attempted (30).
- UCSB shot 33.3% from the floor, the lowest by a Cal opponent this year.