Dec. 15, 2012
Box Score |
- With the loss, Cal fell to 31-5 in nonconference home games under Mike Montgomery.
- Cal shot a season-low 34.6% from the floor for the contest. The Bears opened the game making just 2 of their first 16 shots from the floor before finishing the opening period 12-fo-37 (32.4%).
- Cal committed a season-low 8 turnovers. The Bears' previous low was 11 at Denver.
- Justin Cobbs finished with 7 assists, tying his season high set initially last weekend vs. UNLV.
- Freshman Tyrone Wallace had a career-high 10 rebounds. His previous best was 7 vs. Drake.
- David Kravish reached double figures in rebounds for the third time this season with a season-high 13 boards. He also had 12 at Denver and 10 vs. Pacific.
- Richard Solomon sank his fourth career three-pointer - and first of the season - with 7:16 left in the first half. Solomon had attempted only one three-pointer this year before tonight's shot.
- Cal has used the same starting lineup in all nine games this season - Allen Crabbe, Justin Cobbs, David Kravish, Brandon Smith and Richard Solomon.
- Ricky Kreklow checked into the game at the 12:48 mark of the first half - his first appearance since Cal's game at Denver Nov. 16. He had been out with a foot injury. He finished with 4 points and 2 rebounds in 15 minutes before fouling out.
- Before the game, the crowd observed a moment of silence to remember the victims of Friday's tragedy in Newtown, Conn.
- Doug McDermott's 34 points were the most by a Cal opponent this year.