Dec. 9, 2012
Box Score |
- With its 76-75 victory, UNLV leads the all-time series, 5-1, and both wins in Berkeley have been by one point. In the Rebels' only other visit to Haas Pavilion, they won, 73-72, on Dec. 1, 2004.
- With today's setback, Cal lost to a nonconference opponent at home for the first time since dropping a 78-63 decision to No. 3 Kansas on Dec. 22, 2010. The Bears are now 31-4 in nonconference home games under Mike Montgomery.
- Allen Crabbe made three 3-pointers and moved into a tie for fourth on Cal's all-time list with Patrick Christopher (2007-10). Both players have 164 three-pointers. Next up is Richard Midgley, who had 183 treys from 2003-06.
- Richard Solomon tied a career high with 14 points, including 12 by halftime. He has reached double figures in four of his last five games (53 points, 10.6 ppg). Solomon's last reached 14 points vs. Pacific on Nov. 25, 2012). He also had 14 vs. Washington as a freshman in 2011.
- Cal started the game making 15 of its first 19 shots from the floor and finishing the opening period 17-of-26 (65.4%).
- The Bears entered the game shooting 74.7% from the free throw line as a team. However, Cal went just 2-for-8 from the stripe in the first half and finished 15-of-28.
- Tyrone Wallace set a career high with 13 points (11 in the second half). He previously had 11 vs. Georgia Tech at the DirecTV Classic.
- Today's game was only Cal's second decided by less than 10 points this season. The Bears defeated Drake, 73-70, back on Nov. 22.
- Cal has used the same starting lineup in all eight games this season - Allen Crabbe, Justin Cobbs, David Kravish, Brandon Smith and Richard Solomon.