Nov. 20, 2010
Final Stats |
- Cal leads the all-time series with New Mexico, 5-2. The 89-64 result was Cal's largest margin of victory. The Bears had never won by more than 10 previously, with the widest spread being 71-62 during the 2001-02 season.
- Cal has won 40 of its last 42 non-conference games in Haas Pavilion, including the last 21 in a row.
- Mike Montgomery is 33-3 against all opponents as Cal's head coach in Haas Pavilion.
- Brandon Smith scored a career-high 9 points and dished out a career-best 7 assists. His previous personal records were 7 points vs. Cal State Northridge from last Tuesday and 4 assists vs. UCLA on Jan. 6, 2010.
- Harper Kamp finished with a career-best 25 points, bettering his previous best of 18 set at Oregon, Feb. 19, 2009. He also hit his fourth career three-pointer and first since his freshman year when he connected against Jackson State, Long Beach State and UCLA.
- Jorge Gutierrez set a career scoring high for the second game in a row. He had 20 tonight vs. New Mexico after scoring 18 vs. Cal State Northridge Tuesday.
- Cal went on a 16-1 run to take the game from a 46-44 advantage to a 62-45 lead, running from 15:21 to 11:32 of the second half.
- The Bears shot 58.6 percent (17-of-29) from the field in the first half, led by Jorge Gutierrez (5-6), Brandon Smith (3-3) and Richard Solomon (2-2).
- Cal's four freshmen who saw action - Franklin, Crabbe, Solomon and Murray - combined for 30 points.
- Gary Franklin finished with 16 points, most for a Cal freshman in a game since Harper Kamp also had 16 vs. Jackson State on Dec. 5, 2007.