March 8, 2012
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery
- Tonight’s win was Cal’s 24th of the season, matching the 24-win total of the 2009-10 Pac-10 Conference champion squad; head coach Mike Montgomery’s second season on campus.
- This was Cal’s first victory over Stanford in the Pac-12 Tournament. Their only previous meeting was a loss in 1990 when head coach Mike Montgomery was coaching the Cardinal.
- Cal has now held 18 of its opponents under 40-percent shooting, this season. The Bears are 24-0 when they shoot a higher percentage than their opposition.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez led the Bears with 22 points (the fourth time this season he has topped 20 points) and moved into 21st place in career points at Cal, passing Ayinde Ubaka (2004-07). He now has 1,211 career points.
- Cal’s 54-point second-half scoring output was the largest of any half, this season.
- The Bears went on a 15-3 run in the first four minutes of the second half to open up a five-point lead, 38-33; their first lead since the opening possession of the game.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez finished the game with three three-pointers; he also made three three-pointers against Oregon State (Jan. 5) and Weber State (Dec. 16).
- This was Stanford’s first loss, this season, when scoring more than 70 points in a game.
- The Bears made a season-high 21 free throws, with all 21 coming in the second half.
- This was the fourth time this season that all five starters scored in double figures: Gutierrez (22), Kamp (17), Cobbs (15), Crabbe (11), and Kravish (10).
- Freshman F David Kravish finished with three blocks to move into eighth place at Cal in a single season. He now has 39 blocks this season.
- Senior F Harper Kamp played in the 131st game of his career; tomorrow night’s game will move him into a tie with Jerome Randle (2007-10) for second all-time at Cal.