March 2, 2013
Box Score |
- With today's win, Cal won its seventh consecutive game. The last time the Bears won seven straight conference games was during the 2002-03 season when they began Pac-10 play, 7-0.
- Cal improved to 14-0 when leading at the half this year. The Bears were up, 24-20, at the break.
- Cal broke a three-game losing streak to Colorado and tied the all-time series, 11-11. The Bears are 9-1 vs. CU in Berkeley.
- Cal has held three of its last four opponents to less than 50 points - Oregon (46), Utah (46) and Colorado (46). The 46 points is a season low for Cal opponents.
- During its seven-game winning streak, the Bears have held opponents to 138-of-412 from the floor (33.5%). Colorado shot 15-for-65 (23.1%) - a season low for a Cal opponent.
- Today's attendance was 10,679 - Cal's largest of the year.
- Cal's defense held Colorado to 2-for-15 shooting from the floor over the first 10 minutes of the game. By halftime, CU was 8-for-31 (25.8%) and had a total of 20 points - matching a season-low for a Cal opponent (also Oregon State Feb. 23).
- With 16 points, Tyrone Wallace tied a career high. He has scored in double figures in three straight games for the first time in his career. He had 11 points against both Oregon State and Utah.
- Both Tyrone Wallace (16-11) and David Kravish (14-11) had double-doubles in points and rebounds. The 11 boards were a career high for Wallace.
- Cal outscored Colorado, 44-12, in the paint and, 16-2, on fast breaks.
- Although the Bears did not make a three-point basket (0-6), they were perfect at the free throw line (10-10).
- With a 20-9 overall record, Cal has won at least 20 games in four of five seasons under head coach Mike Montgomery.