Feb. 28, 2013
Box Score |
- With the win, Cal won its sixth game in a row. The Bears also won six straight conference games in 2012 and 2006. The last time they won seven consecutive contests was in 2003 when they opened Pac-10 play 7-0.
- Cal improved to 7-1 this month and 13-0 when leading at the half this season.
- Cal has won five in a row over Utah and leads the all-time series, 13-8.
- Cal limited Utah to 29.1% shooting from the floor (16-for-55). Over their past three games, the Bears have held their opponents to 30.4% (52-of-171).
- The 46 points scored by Utah matches a season low for a Cal opponent this year. Oregon tallied 46 in a 48-46 Cal victory last week.
- After falling behind, 22-14, with 6:33 left in the first half, Cal responded with a 20-2 run to close out the period and secure a 34-24 halftime advantage.
- Cal held Utah without a point from the 4:17 mark of the first half until 13:58 remained in the second period - a span of 10:19.
- Justin Cobbs finished with 7 assists. Over his past five games, he has averaged 6.8 apg
- When Allen Crabbe rattled home a three-pointer with 8:14 left in the first half (his second of the game), it was the 200th of his career. Only two other players in Cal history have made at least 200 shots from behind the arc: Jerome Randle (252) and Ryan Drew (214).
- Allen Crabbe registered his second double-double of the year with 15 points and 11 rebounds. He also had 23 points and 10 boards vs. USC Feb. 17. The 11 rebounds were one off his career high.
- Richard Solomon's three-pointer in the first half was his third of the season and first since making one at Colorado Jan. 27.
- Cal honored all of its student-athletes who had at least a 3.0 GPA during the fall semester during a halftime ceremony.