Feb. 20, 2011
Final Stats |
- Cal defeated UCLA in Haas Pavilion for the first time since winning, 76-62, on Jan. 24, 2004. The Bears had lost six straight to the Bruins in Berkeley.
- With 34 points, Jorge Gutierrez set a career high, breaking his old mark of 25 set vs. Arizona on Feb. 5, 2011. He also ran his double-figure scoring streak to eight games. During the stretch he has averaged 20.8 ppg. He has scored at least 20 points five times this season, including 3 times in his last 5 games.
- Gutierrez's 34 points marked the third time this year a Cal player scored at least 30 points in a game. Allen Crabbe had 30 vs. Washington State Jan. 13 and Harper Kamp had 33 vs. Arizona Feb. 5. All three games went at least one overtime period.
- Cal has had 3 players scored at least 30 points in the same season for the first time since 1971-72 (Carl Meier 30 at Houston; John Coughran 47 at Utah State; Ansley Truitt 35 vs. New Mexico State and 34 at Oregon). The Bears also accomplished the feat in 1967-68 (Bob Presley 34 vs. San Jose State, 33 at Illinois and 31 vs. USC; Charlie Perkins 30 vs. USC; Russ Critchfield 36 at Oregon, 33 vs. SMU, 31 vs. Western Kentucky and 31 at Denver)
- Tonight was Cal's ninth game decided by 3 points or less or in overtime this season. The Bears are 4-5 in such games.
- Freshman guard Allen Crabbe returned to the starting line Sunday, his first game since suffering a concussion at Washington Feb. 10. He finished with 8 points and 7 rebounds.
- In the first half, Cal outscored UCLA, 11-0, on second-chance opportunities.
- Cal was up, 29-18, at the half - the Bears' first double-digit lead at the half since they were up, 47-35 vs. Oregon on Jan. 29. Cal is 11-1 when leading at the half this year.
- Tonight was Cal's third overtime game of the season. Earlier, the Bears defeated Washington State, 88-81, in one OT on Jan. 13 and lost to Arizona, 107-105, in 3 OT on Feb. 5.
- This was the fifth overtime game between Cal and UCLA since 2003.