Feb. 11, 2012
Final Stats |
AP Photo Gallery
- Today's victory secured the 21st 20-win season in program history.
- Head coach guided his team to 20 wins for the 20th time in his career.Mike Montgomery
- Montgomery is the first coach in program history to reach 20 wins in three of his first four seasons at Cal.
- At 20-6, Cal is off to its best start since it was 21-6 in 2001-02.
- The Golden Bears swept the regular-season series against for the first time since 1993-94.
- Cal's win over the Bruins secured the team's first four-game regular-season sweep of both UCLA and USC since 1958-59.
- The Bears held their opponent to under 40-percent shooting for the 15th time, this season. Cal out-shot UCLA, 51.9 percent to 39.7 percent. Cal is 20-0 when it out-shoots its opponent.
- Senior F Harper Kamp became Cal's 41st 1,000-point scorer in the first three minutes of the game when he sank his first jump shot. He finished the game with 10 points to move into 40th for all-time career points at Cal with 1,009.
- Kamp also grabbed seven rebounds to push his career total to 502 and making him the 18th player in program history to record 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez had 13 points to move into a 28th-place tie with Butch Hays (1981-84) for all-time career points at Cal.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe registered his 22nd double-digit scoring game of the year; the 42nd of his career.