Feb. 10, 2012
Final Stats |
- California surpassed last season's win total with its 19th victory, tonight. The Bears are now 19-6 with a 9-3 record in Pac-12 games.
- The Bears swept the regular-season series against USC for the first time since 2005-06.
- Cal's 26-point margin of victory was the largest over USC since the Bears claimed a 30-point win at the LA Sports Arena on Feb. 12, 1998.
- USC scored the first basket of the second half to cut Cal's lead to three points, 35-32, but the Bears went on an 18-4 run to blow the game open starting from the 17:32 mark in the second half, and ending with a Harper Kamp layup with 13:24 left in the game.
- Senior F Harper Kamp had a four-minute second-half stretch through which he scored 14 points on 7-for-7 shooting from the field to cap Cal's 18-4 run.
- Kamp finished the night with 18 points (14 in the second half) on 9-for-11 shooting. He now has 999 career points. His next basket of any sort will make him Cal's 41st 1,000-point scorer.
- Kamp needs just one point and five rebounds to become the 18th player in Cal history to record 1,000 career points and 500 career rebounds. The last player to accomplish the feat was G Patrick Christopher (2007-10).
- Freshman F David Kravish had 10 first-half rebounds and finished with a career-high 18 boards; the most by a Bear since Jamal Boykin grabbed 15 rebounds against Kansas on Dec. 22, 2009.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe led all scorers with 19 points on 8-for-12 shooting and registered his 21st double-digit scoring game of the year; the 41st of his career.