Jan. 25, 2013
- With the 62-57 victory at Utah, California improved to 11-7 overall and 3-3 in the Pac-12 Conference.
- Cal now leads the all-time series against Utah, 12-8. The Golden Bears extended their winning streak against the Utes to four games, dating back to the 2008-09 season. Cal has won its last three games in Salt Lake City and is now 5-5 all-time at Utah.
- Cal recorded 16 steals (14 in the first half) at Utah, its most since the Bears also registered 16 steals against Mount St. Mary's Dec. 21, 2001. The mark is four shy of the school-record of 20 steals achieved against Morgan State on Nov. 25, 1991.
- The 16 steals is the most in the Pac-12 this season. The last time a conference school had 16 steals in a game was when Oregon State also achieved the feat at Utah on Feb. 4, 2012.
- The Bears forced Utah into 17 turnovers, matching a season-high by an opponent. Pepperdine, Prairie View A&M also turned the ball over 17 times against Cal this season. The 17 turnovers for Utah matched its second-highest total of the season.
- Cal held Utah to 57 points, matching the Utes' fourth-lowest point total of the season.
- The Bears also held Utah to just 20 field goals, matching their second-lowest of the season, and 47 field goal attempts, their third-lowest of the year.
- Junior guard Justin Cobbs finished with a career-high five steals, besting his old mark of four achieved twice during the 2011-12 season (vs. Missouri and Oregon). The five steals were the most by a Golden Bear since Feb. 14, 2009 when Jorge Gutierrez collected five steals against Stanford.
- Senior forward Robert Thurman, who had five career steals entering the Utah game, recorded a career-high three steals in 23 minutes of action against the Utes.
- Junior guard Allen Crabbe posted his 10th 20-point game of the season and 23rd of his career with 23 points at Utah.
- Crabbe matched his season-high with four three-pointers at Utah, also connecting on four three-pointers against Pepperdine and UC Santa Barbara.
- Freshman guard Tyrone Wallace posted a career-best eight assists, topping his previous high of five against Prairie View A&M on Dec. 22.
- With 12 points at Utah, Wallace scored in double figures for the sixth time this season and the third in the last five games.
- Wallace also matched his career-high with two blocks at Utah. He also collected two rejections against No. 13 Creighton.
- Senior guard Brandon Smith, who sustained a head injury in Cal's game against Prairie View A&M on Dec. 22, returned to the action at Utah. He had missed the previous six games. He finished with three points, three assists and a steal in 19 minutes of action.
- Thursday's game at Utah was Cal's first competition outside the state of California since Dec. 2, 2012 when the Bears played in Madison, Wisc. against Wisconsin.
- The Bears used the starting lineup of Allen Crabbe (guard), Justin Cobbs (guard), Tyrone Wallace (guard), David Kravish (forward) and Richard Solomon (forward) for the seventh time this season. Cal owns a 4-3 record with this starting lineup (vs. UCSB, Prairie View A&M, Harvard, UCLA, USC, Stanford and Utah).