2013 CAL RUGBY CAMP
DIRECTED BY CAL RUGBY HEAD COACH JACK CLARK
The Cal Varsity team has a long history of success based on superb skills and a winning attitude. These are qualities we want to share with your sons during camp. Our camp mixes Cal's rich rugby heritage with an innovative staff. The camp emphasizes safety and fun, while we remain on the cutting edge of rugby training. Our coaches bring with them the latest rugby skills, strategy and tactics from the international and professional arena. The camp's seminars with campus professionals increase awareness regarding academics, strength and conditioning, nutrition and drug awareness. Perhaps our best endorsement is the number of young men who have returned for a second, third, even fourth summer.
Come and join us this summer and experience rugby at Cal.
Cal Rugby Summer Camp
DATE: Monday, July 29th to Thursday, August 1st; Early Check-in available on the night of July 28th
TIME: 8:00am to 6:00pm
AGES: 15 -18 Year Olds
COST: Commuter: $380; Overnight: $530
LOCATION: Witter Rugby Field
- Rugby shorts
- Rugby boots
- Rugby socks
- Running shoes
- Mouth guard
- Head gear (optional)
- Sweatpants/track pants
Please contact Camp Director Jerry Figone with any questions at: firstname.lastname@example.org or (510) 643-1971.
Jack Clark, Head Coach, Cal Rugby
30 years as Cal Head Coach
- 22 National Collegiate Championships
- Named one of Cal's 10 most influential sports figures of the 20th century by the Daily Californian
- Head Coach U.S. National Team, 1993-1999
- General Manager U.S. National Team, 1993-2003
- Cal Coach of the Year, 1995, 2000, 2002
- Head Coach Collegiate All-American Team, 1987-1992
- Former U.S. National Team Player
- Former World XV Player
- Former Cal football and rugby standout
Tom Billups, Coach, Cal Rugby
13th season, Cal Coach
- 11th season, Cal Strength & Conditioning Coach
- Head Coach, U.S. National Team, 2001-2006
- Head Coach Collegiate All-American Team, 2001
- 44 International appearances for the U.S. National Team
- 25 international appearances on U.S. Sevens Team
- Former professional player for London Harlequins and Pontypridd, Wales
- 4-time NCAA Division III National Champion football player
Jack Clark's Rugby Camp instructors include members of the Cal Varsity coaching staff, as well as specialists in nutrition, strength, and conditioning, and academic counseling. Camp counselors include current Cal varsity rugby players and All-Americans, representing a variety of positions.
Please view the entire Cal Rugby Coaching Staff by clicking HERE
Click HERE to View/Download:
- PRINTABLE ENROLLMENT PACKAGE
- MEDICATIONS FORM
- PHYSICIAN FORM
- CAMP INFORMATION (Includes pick-up and drop-off times and locations)
- CAMPUS MAP (Labeled with all camp facility locations)
Due to University and NCAA Policies, we are not allowed to offer any transportation to and from camps. The airport closest to the Berkeley campus is Oakland International Airport; San Francisco International Airport is also within a reasonable distance. There are several options that we suggest.
There are a few shuttle services that offer transportation to and from Oakland & San Francisco International Airports. Reservations must be made at least a few days in advance, you can make reservations over the phone or online.
Phone: 1-877-467-1800 (Local, Bay Area) 1-415-467-1800 (Long Distance, Outside Bay Area)
Pricing: (All Prices are Approximate)
To/From Oakland International Airport/Campus $25.00 (One Way)
To/From San Francisco International Airport/Campus $29.00 (One Way)
Pricing: (All Prices are Approximate)
To/From Oakland International Airport/Campus $32.00 (One Way)
To/From San Francisco International Airport/Campus $35.00 (One Way)
Enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Space is limited, so enroll today!
Click on the ENROLL NOW! button to proceed.
In addition to enrolling online, the Cal Rugby Camps require a PHYSICIAN FORM. You must submit this form prior to camp. Please do so by mail or fax.
NOTE: Online enrollment software is browser and platform specific.
Internet Explorer and PC's are preferred.
Enrollment by Mail:
Mail the completed enrollment forms (below) with payment to:
Cal Athletic Camps
Attn: Rugby Camp
115 Haas Pavilion
Berkeley, CA 94720-4422
REQUIRED ENROLLMENT FORMS
If you do not enroll online, you must complete and submit all forms in the enrollment package available below. All forms must be completed and signed by a parent/legal guardian. All forms are REQUIRED for camp participation. Incomplete and/or illegible forms will not be accepted. Please click on the link below to download and print the enrollment forms.
Rugby Printable Enrollment Package »
Exact Cash Required. Make checks payable to "U.C. Regents"
Cash/Checks (MAIL ONLY):
- Credit Cards (ONLINE ONLY): CAL Athletic Camps accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover.
CAL Athletic Camps E-Mail:
- CAL Athletic Camps/Ticket Office Hotline: 1-800-GO-BEARS (1-800-462-3277) or (510) 642-3277
- Fax: (510) 280-1650
- Rugby Office: (510) 643-1971