Cal-USC Postgame Notes
With tonight's win, Cal has won four in a row over USC and leads the all-time series, 133-120. With the victory, Cal has won three in a row overall for the first time since opening the year with six c
By Cal Athletics on Sun, February 17, 2013
Feb. 17, 2013
- With tonight's win, Cal has won four in a row over USC and leads the all-time series, 133-120.
- With the victory, Cal has won three in a row overall for the first time since opening the year with six consecutive victories.
- Cal trailed by 15 points (47-32) with 16:01 in the second half before rallying. Down 61-51 with 6:15 left, Cal outscored USC, 25-7, to end the game.
- The early part of the game was full of runs for both teams. Cal scored the opening bucket only to see USC tally 9 straight to take a 9-2 lead. The Bear responded with 13 in a row to go up, 15-9, while the Trojans came back with 12 consecutive for a 21-15 advantage. USC added another 13-0 streak in the second half.
- Cal trailed, 32-28, at the break, the sixth time in the last seven games the Bears have been behind at halftime. Cal won four times when down during the streak - vs. Oregon State, Oregon and USC, and at Arizona. The Bears led UCLA at the half Thursday and went on to prevail, as well.
- With 23 points vs. USC, Allen Crabbe moved up to 11th on Cal's all-time scoring list. Now with 1,424, he passed Rickey Hawthorne, who had 1,413 points from 1973-76, for the 11th position.
- Crabbe set a season high with 5 three-pointers and 10 rebounds, and a career with 6 steals.
- Crabbe had his first double-double of the year and fifth of his career.
- Richard Solomon has scored 31 points over his last two games (17 vs. UCLA, 14 vs. USC) - the most he has scored in back-to-back games in his Cal career. During those contests, he made 14-17 shots from the floor.
- After committing nine turnovers in the first half, Cal did not make one in the second half until 1 minute remained in the period.
- Justin Cobbs was a perfect 9-for-9 on free throws and finished with 22 points. He also had six assists with only one turnover.