Cal-Oregon State Postgame Notes
With its 71-68 victory, Cal raised its series record against Oregon State to 79-60. Mike Montgomery won his 100th game as Cal's head coach, improving to 100-55. The Bears won for the first time this y
By Cal Athletics on Thu, January 31, 2013
Jan. 31, 2013
- With its 71-68 victory, Cal raised its series record against Oregon State to 79-60.
- Mike Montgomery won his 100th game as Cal's head coach, improving to 100-55.
- The Bears won for the first time this year when trailing at the half. Cal was down, 41-33, to Oregon State at the break. The Bears are a perfect 11-0 when leading at halftime and now 1-8 when behind.
- With 15 points against Oregon State, Theo Robertson. Crabbe now has 1,325, while Robertson totaled 1,315 from 2006-10. Next up is Jackie Ridgle, who had 1,343 points from 1969-71.
- The teams combined for only two free throws in the first half. Oregon State was 2-for-2 and Cal did not get to the charity stripe. The Bears did not take their first free throw until Allen Crabbe shot a pair with 7:11 remaining in the second half.
- Cal sank a season-high 9 three-pointers Thursday night, including a team-high 4 from Justin Cobbs.
- David Kravish recorded another block to move up Cal's career ladder, now standing tied for eighth place with Sean Lampley with 69.
- Cal's 25 assists were a season high and the team's highest total since dishing out 28 vs. UCLA on Dec. 31, 2011. Justin Cobbs matched a season best with 7 assists.
- David Kravish has reached double figures in all three of his career games against Oregon State. After totaling 12 points Thursday, he is averaging 13.0 ppg in those contests, well above his career scoring rate of 7.2 ppg.
- For the first time this season, starting forwards David Kravish (12 points) reached double figures in the same game.