- With the loss, Cal finishes its season at 21-14 overall. The Bears have been to either the NCAA Tournament or the NIT six consecutive years under head coach Mike Montgomery – a streak unmatched by any other Cal coach.
- The Bears have now reached the NIT quarterfinals four times in their history – 1987, 1999, 2000 and 2014. Cal won the tournament in 1999.
- Cal shot over 50% from the floor in all three of its NIT games – 52.5% vs. Utah Valley, 55.3% vs. Arkansas and 51.0% vs. SMU.
- In the first meeting between Cal and SMU since 1979-80, SMU now leads the series, 2-1.
- Cal was a perfect 7-for-7 from the free throw line.
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
- With 18 points, increased his career total to 1,469, which ranks 11th in school history.
- With 7 assists, moved into sole possession of second place on Cal’s career list and now has 531 for his three years with the Bears. Keith Smith is Cal’s all-time leader with 546 from 1987-90.
Freshman guard Jabari Bird
- Reached double figures in scoring in all three NIT games, the first time he had three in a row all season. He had 11 vs. Utah Valley, 19 vs. Arkansas and 20 vs. SMU.
- Scored 15 of his 20 points in the second half, and shot 8-for-13 from the floor and 3-for-3 from three-point range.
Junior forward David Kravish
- Increased his school single-season blocks record vs. SMU to 73 with one more block tonight
- In addition, raised his career blocks total to 177, which is No. 2 in school history behind only Michael “Yogi” Stewart, who had 207 from 1994-97.
Junior guard Ricky Kreklow
- Played with a protective mask after breaking his nose in the second half vs. Arkansas Monday night, although he removed it during the second half.