Cal vs Nevada Postgame Notes
December 10, 2013
· With the 92-84 win over Nevada, Mike Montgomery tied former UCLA head coach John Wooden for 27th on the NCAA’s all-time wins list for Division I men’s basketball coaches, with 664. He now owns a 664-305 all-time record as a collegiate head coach.
· The last time Cal scored 90 or more points was Feb. 5, 2011 vs. Arizona (105).
· Cal is now 41-6 in non-conference home games under Mike Montgomery, and 6-0 this season.
· Six Golden Bears recorded double-digit point totals in California’s victory (Kravish 16, Bird 16, Cobbs 15, Solomon 14, Wallace 14, Mathews 13)
· Cal used its fourth different starting lineup tonight, inserting Jordan Mathews and Ricky Kreklow into the lineup. It is the first career start for Mathews and the fourth for Kreklow.
· Starters: Solomon (forward), Kravish (forward), Cobbs (guard), Kreklow (guard), Mathews (guard)
· Attendance: 8679
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
· With 15 points vs. Nevada, moved past Amit Tamir (1,055 from 2002-04) and Larry Friend (1,061 from 1955-57) into 35th on Cal’s all-time scoring list with 1,064 points in his 77-games so far.
· With eight assists vs. Nevada, has now recorded at least eight assists in five games this season, including four of the last five contests. He moved past Shantay Legans (386 from 2000-02) and into eighth-place on Cal’s all-time assists chart with 393.
Junior Forward David Kravish
· With two blocks, passed Solomon Hughes (122) to takeover sole posession of third place on Cal’s all-time block leaders with 124.
· Shot 8-of-9 (.889) from the field vs. Nevada, his best shooting percentage this season.
Freshman Guard Jordan Mathews
· First career-start. He becomes the second freshman to start this season, following Jabari Bird.
· Scored 13 points vs. Nevada. Has now recorded three double-digit games this season, all in his past five games