Postgame Notes: Cal-Oakland
- The win was Cal’s 31st consecutive win at home in the month of November, dating back to 2004.
- Cal is now 36-6 in non-conference home games under Mike Montgomery.
- Freshman Jabari Bird made his first five three-pointer shots, finishing 6-for-8 from behind the arc. He totaled 24 points – his highest point total during his young career (14 vs. Coppin State). The last Cal player to have six in a game was Allen Crabbe at Oregon on Jan. 8, 2012.
- Richard Solomon set a career high with 17 boards. He had a previous best of 16 in his last outing vs. Denver and has grabbed at least 10 boards in his last four contests dating back to an NCAA Tournament game vs. Syracuse last March.
- Solomon added 11 points to give him his sixth career double-double and second this season.
- Cal trailed, 30-24, at the break, its largest halftime deficit since being behind, 41-33, to Oregon State last Jan. 31. The Bears came back to win that game, 71-68.
- Through the first three games of the season, the Bears have made it a habit to get to the free throw line far more than their opponents. After taking 29 shots to Oakland’s 13 attempts tonight, the Bears have increased their advantage to 74-38 for the year.