· Cal is 81-24 in season openers and a perfect 6-0 in openers in Mike Montgomery’s six seasons at the helm.
· The team is now 34-6 in non-conference home games under Montgomery.
· Cal leads the Coppin State series 3-0. The Bears have won two at home in Berkeley, while another came on neutral ground in Oakland. Before tonight, the teams last met in the 2000-01 season with Cal claiming a 75-59 victory.
· All five freshmen made their collegiate debut for the Blue and Gold.
· The Golden Bears led by as much as 20 points (57-37 in the second half). Coppin State held the lead just once, at 18:20 to go in the first half with a three-pointer by Taariq Cephas that made the score 3-2.
· Cal starters: Solomon (forward), Kravish (forward), Cobbs (guard), Wallace (guard) and Kreklow (guard)
· Attendance: 8,249
Senior Forward Richard Solomon
- Tenth double-digit rebound game of his career – last was a career-high 14 rebounds vs. Syracuse on March 23, 2013
- Had a double-double in tonight’s game with 10 points and 10 rebounds
Junior Forward David Kravish
- With four blocked shots tonight, moves up to No. 4 in the program record books for career blocks with 108, eclipsing Tom Schneiderjohn (105, 1976-79)
- Tenth double-digit rebounding game of his career – last was 11 rebounds vs. Colorado on March 2, 2013
Sophomore Guard Tyrone Wallace
- Set a career-high for points with 20, besting his previous record of 16, which he earned three times (last vs. Colorado on March 2, 2013)
Junior Guard Ricky Kreklow
- First career start