- With tonight’s win, Cal coach Mike Montgomery tied Slats Gill (Oregon State, 1929-64) for the third most league wins in conference history. Montgomery is now 276-142 in 24 years at Stanford (1986-2004) and Cal (2009-current), while Gill was 276-241 in 31 seasons.
- With the win, Montgomery improved to 123-63 at Cal, tying Lou Campanelli (123-108, 1986-93) for third on the school’s all-time list.
- Cal now leads the all-time series with Washington, 79-78
- Cal’s 26-point win was its largest margin of victory in the series since an 80-52 decision in 1997.
- After falling behind 8-2, Cal responded with a 20-3 run to take a 22-11 lead with 8:16 left in the first half. The Bears also shot just 3 for their first 10 from the floor and finished the game making 30 of their final 50 shots (60%).
- Richard Solomon (13-12) and David Kravish (11-11) posted double-doubles in the same game for the first time this season.
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
- With 11 points, moved up to 27th on Cal’s all-time scoring list, now with 1,177 points. Next up on the list is Chris Washington, who had 1,179 points from 1984-87.
- With 6 assists, has had at least 4 assists in 16 of 17 games and is averaging 9.7 over his last three games.
Sophomore guard Tyrone Wallace
- With 14 points tonight, has scored in double figures in each of his last eight games and averaging 15.1 ppg over that span
Senior Forward Richard Solomon
- Finished with 13 points and 12 rebounds, his sixth double-double of the year
- Had 1 block to give him 100 for his career, joining David Kravish (136) as only Cal teammates with at least 100
Junior Forward David Kravish
- With 4 blocks, moved into sole possession of second on Cal’s career list, now with 136. all-time leader is Michael Stewart, who had 207 from 1994-97.
- Finished with 11 rebounds, the sixth time this season he’s reached double figures
- With 11 points and 11 rebounds, had his fourth double-double of the year
Freshman Guard Jabari Bird
- Played for the first time since spraining an ankle at Creighton Dec. 22, 2013, finishing with 2 points and 5 assists in 12 minutes