BERKELEY – The Cal football team continued its 2014 training camp Saturday with a short and crisp practice in full pads that was the team’s sixth workout of the campaign. Highlights and notes of the practice included ...
- Heavy work for freshmen running backs Tre Watson and Vic Enwere highlighted by Watson’s four straight runs for a combined 45 yards to start the third drive of the 11-on-11 team session
- A 26-yard hookup on the second play of 11-on-11’s between Chase Forrest and Matt Rockett, high school teammates at Mater Dei
- Several big defensive plays including interceptions by Cedric Dozier and Isaac Tongilava and sacks from Antione Davis and Arthur Wainwright
- A 38-yard made field goal (with plenty of room to spare) by James Langford
- Following practice the Golden Bears did a little team bonding during a home run derby wiffle ball tournament
- Lots of running back talk during post-practice media interviews
Cal’s next workout will be an open practice Sunday (3:30 – 6 p.m. PT) with training camp sessions continuing through Golden Bear Day presented by Bug Zappers Pest Control at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 23 (2-4 p.m. PT). Visit CalBears.com for a complete training camp schedule.
Cal football tickets are available at CalBears.com or by calling (800) GO BEARS (462-3277). The Golden Bears open the season Aug. 30 at Northwestern and host six games on Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium this fall, starting with the home opener Sept. 6 vs. Sacramento State. In addition, Cal will play Oregon on Friday, Oct. 24 at Levi's® Stadium in Santa Clara.