NEW YORK CITY – The 2014 NFL Draft will be conducted at Radio City Music Hall in New York City this Thursday-Sunday, May 8-10. Visit CalBears.com for coverage of the selections of former Cal football players. ESPN and NFL Network will televise the event live with online live streaming also available at nfl.com/live.
The first round is scheduled to begin Thursday at 5 p.m. PDT, while Friday will feature the second and third rounds starting at 4 p.m. Rounds four through seven are slated for Saturday beginning at 9 a.m.
Other former Cal players who completed their collegiate eligibility in 2013 and are eligible for the 2014 NFL Draft that have attended local pro days hosted by both Cal and the San Francisco 49ers include RB Brendan Bigelow, OL Mark Brazinski, PK Vincenzo D’Amato, CB Kameron Jackson, LB/DE Chris McCain and DT Viliami Moala.
In addition to draft selections, many players who are not drafted typically join NFL rosters shortly after the NFL Draft by signing undrafted free agent contracts.
Cal Football NFL Draft Notes
• Cal has had at least four players selected in the NFL Draft each of the last three years (2011-13), at least two chosen in the first four rounds each of the last four years (2010-13), and at least one selected in the top three rounds each of the past seven years (2007-13).
• Cal has had 26 first-round picks and 224 selections overall since the draft began in 1936.
• Cal has had 52 selections overall and 10 first-round picks in the last 14 drafts that have taken place beginning with the 2000 draft.
• Cal has had four first-round picks in the last five drafts, with at least one each in three consecutive drafts from 2009-11 including two in 2010. Cal did not have a first-round pick in 2012 or 2013.
• Cal had two players selected in the first or second round of three straight drafts (2010-12) and at least one player selected in the second round or higher six consecutive drafts (2007-12) before those streaks ended in 2013 when Keenan Allen was the first Cal player selected in the third round (76th overall) by the San Diego Chargers.
• Steve Bartkowski (1975) is the only Cal player to ever be selected with the first pick overall in the draft.
• Tyson Alualu (Jacksonville Jaguars, 10th overall, 2010) and Cameron Jordan (New Orleans Saints, 24th overall, 2011) made Cal only the second Pac-10/12 team to ever have defensive linemen selected in the first round in back-to-back drafts (USC is the other).
• Cal became the first Pac-10/12 team in 40 years to have two first-round selections in the same year that no other Pac-10/12 team had a single first-round selection when Tyson Alualu (Jacksonville Jaguars, 10th overall) and Jahvid Best (Detroit Lions, 30th overall) were both first-round selections in 2010. USC’s Al Cowlings (Buffalo Bills, 5th overall) and Sid Smith (Kansas City Chiefs, 26th overall) were both picked in the first round of the 1970 draft, while no other Pac-10 team had a first-round selection.
• The most Cal players selected in a single draft were the 10 chosen in 1952, while Cal's six players selected in the 1977, 2008 and 2012 NFL Drafts tie for the second-most in school history.