· With tonight’s 37-10 defeat to UCLA, Cal now trails in the all-time series, 51-32-1. The Bruins have won six of the last seven games at the Rose Bowl between the schools, with Cal’s last win in Pasadena being a 45-26 decision in 2009.
· PK Vincenzo D'Amato made a season-long 51-yard field goal in the second quarter. It was the second-longest of his career (52 at Washington State, 2012). D'Amato is now 12-for-13 on field goals this season.
· Cal’s 14-play, 81-yard drive in the second quarter that ended with a 6-yard touchdown run by Daniel Lasco was the Bears’ highest number of plays in TD scoring drive this season. Cal’s longest this season was a 15-play drive vs. Northwestern that resulted in a field goal in the season opener.
· RB Khalfani Muhammad rushed a career-high 14 times for 63 yards.
· #11 UCLA is the fourth of Cal’s six opponents this year to be ranked at the time of the game (also #22 Northwestern, #3 Ohio State; #2 Oregon).
· The combined record for the five opponents that have defeated Cal this year is 25-4.
· Junior LB Lucas King and freshman RB Khalfani Muhammad both made their first career starts against the Bruins.
· Cole Leininger had two punts of at least 50 yards to give him seven 50-yard punts this season. He had eight all of last year.
· Richard Rodgers had the first rushing attempts of his career, finishing with six carries for nine yards.