Cal Football Notebook
BERKELEY – The Cal football team put on full pads for the first time Friday on the fifth day of the team’s 2014 training camp at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium. Highlights and notes from a session that saw many of the team’s regulars see limited action during a full live team period that capped practice included ...
- A 27-yard touchdown run by Vic Enwere that capped the first drive during the live team period
- Big defense plays from Quentin Tartabull (forced fumble), A.J. Greathouse (interception) and Jonathan Johnson (sack)
- A dramatic one-handed grab by Kenny Lawler in the corner of the end zone during 7-on-7’s that was sure to remind fans of his one-handed catch against Arizona in 2013
- Strong running from quarterback Luke Rubenzer, including a 30-yarder during work against third downs, and his touchdown pass to Patrick Worstell on the final play of the live 11-on-11 session
- A little old-school post-practice dip in the cold tub
Cal will continue training camp with an open practice Saturday (Noon – 2:30 p.m. PT) and continue through Golden Bear Day presented by Bug Zappers Pest Control at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium on Saturday, Aug. 23 (2-4 p.m. PT). Visit CalBears.com for a complete training camp schedule.
Cal football tickets are available at CalBears.com or by calling (800) GO BEARS (462-3277). The Golden Bears host six games on Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium this fall, starting with the home opener Sept. 6 vs. Sacramento State. In addition, Cal will play Oregon on Friday, Oct. 24 at Levi's Stadium in Santa Clara.