BERKELEY – Fans are invited to take part in the 2014 Cal Spring Football Experience presented by Shaw Management at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium this Saturday, April 26. Gates open for the free event that will conclude the Golden Bears’ spring football sessions at 10 a.m. PT. The live Pac-12 Networks telecast begins at 11 a.m. PT.
Featured activities of the event are listed below with more details available at CalBears.com/springfootball.
- Giveaways – First 2,500 fans receive Cal-themed food, schedule posters and t-shirts
- Run on the Field with the Bears – First 100 fans in attendance receive a ticket good for the opportunity to lead the Bears onto the field through the North Tunnel
- Live Scrimmage – Watch the Bears in action during a live team scrimmage
- In-Game Events and Activities – Lucky fans will be able to win great prizes for competing in on-field promotional and in-game events such as a punt, pass and kick competition, t-shirt toss, punt returns, a Bear growl, sumo suit relay race, quarterback toss, pass challenge and touchdown dance, as well as a couple of opportunities to pick a play and much more
- Youth Clinic – Free 30-minute clinic on the field following the scrimmage for youth eighth grade and below (registration begins at 10 a.m. on Lisa and Douglas Goldman Plaza)
- Field Club – The exclusive Field Club will be open featuring food and beverages, two levels of seating to relax and over 20 televisions to watch the event on the Pac-12 Networks
- Food Options – Concession stands managed by Cal Dining will be open for business on the main concourse
- Appearances by Oski, Cal Spirit and the Cal Band
- Pregame Fun Zone and Kids Activities
- Cal Bears Shop Merchandise Sale
Cal’s 2014 regular-season schedule features six games at Kabam Field at California Memorial Stadium and a Friday match-up against Oregon that will be the first collegiate football game at the new Levi’s® Stadium in Santa Clara on Oct. 24. Cal will host Sacramento State (Sept. 6), Colorado (Sept. 27), Washington (Oct. 11, Alumni & Family Weekend/Homecoming), UCLA (Oct. 18, Joe Roth Game), Stanford (Nov. 22) and BYU (Nov. 29, Senior Day) in Berkeley.
The Bears visit Northwestern (Aug. 31), Arizona (Sept. 20), Washington State (Oct. 4), Oregon State (Nov. 1) and USC (Nov. 13), with the tilt against the Trojans on a Thursday night.For 2014 ticket information, visit CalBears.com or call (800) GO-BEARS.