- With tonight’s result, Cal lost its first home game of the year and is now 10-1 in Haas Pavilion.
- Tonight marked Cal’s first overtime game since dropping a 79-69 decision to Utah in the Pac-12 Tournament last March 14. The last OT game between Cal and ASU was on Jan. 17, 2008, won by the Sun Devils, 99-90 in two overtimes.
- Cal ended regulation on an 18-8 run after trailing by 10 at 64-54 with 7:02 remaining to force overtime. The Bears were down by as many as 16 points in the second half (48-32, 18:35).
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
- Moved into Cal’s top 20 career scoring list. With 21 points vs. Arizona State, now has 1,250 points, which puts him 19th in school history. He passed Jorge Gutierrez (1,232, 2009-12), Ryan Anderson (1,236, 2007-08) and Brian Wethers (1,289, 2000-03) vs. the Sun Devils. Next up is No. 18 Dave Butler, who had 1,291 points from 1983-87.
Sophomore guard Tyrone Wallace
- Tied his career high with 20 points, a total he also reached earlier this year at Stanford and vs. Coppin State
- After shooting just 1-for-5 from the floor and totaling 3 points in the first half, scored 12 points in the first 7 minutes of the second half, going 4-for-4 from the field.
Senior Forward Richard Solomon
- Reached double digits in rebounding for the 11th time this season, finishing with 13
- Has grabbed 40 rebounds over his past three games (13.3 rpg) and 61 over his last five (12.2 rpg)
- Set a career high with 6 assists vs. the Sun Devils. Previously, he had dished out 3 six different times, most recently vs. Furman earlier this season.
Freshman Guard Sam Singer
- Sank a three-pointer with 1:50 left in the game, just his second three-pointer since Nov. 15 and fifth of the entire season