- Cal’s 76-64 defeat at UCLA coupled with its loss at USC on Wednesday marked the first time since 2011 the Golden Bears dropped both games of a conference road trip. Cal lost at Washington (109-77) on Feb. 10, 2011 and dropped a 75-71 decision at Washington State on Feb. 12, 2011.
- The all-time series between Cal and UCLA is now 134-101 in the Bruins’ favor.
- The Bears used an 18-2 run to cut a 19-point deficit (51-32) with 15:19 left in the game to a three-point deficit (53-50) with 9:16 remaining in the contest.
- Cal’s 34.5 field percentage was its lowest of the season.
- The Bears’ 19.0 three-point field goal percentage was their second-lowest of the season.
- Cal used the starting lineup of Justin Cobbs, Richard Solomon, David Kravish, Tyrone Wallace and Jordan Mathews for the eighth-straight game.
Senior Forward Richard Solomon
- With 14 rebounds, posted his 10th double-digit rebound game of the season.
- With nine points, he nearly recorded his seventh double-double of the season and 11th of his career.
- Has now missed a double-double by either one point or one rebound on six occasions this season.
- Moved ahead of Bob Presley (629 from 1968-69) and into 14th place on Cal’s all-time rebounding list. He now has 643 career rebounds in 97 games.
Freshmen Guard Jabari Bird
- After being held without a basket in the first half, the freshman scored all 12 of his points in the second half. He recorded all 12 of those points in a span of 3:57 (13:13 – 9:16) to guide Cal during the Bears’ 20-4 run against the Bruins.
- The 12 points is the most for the guard in his four games back from a sprained ankle at Creighton on Dec. 22, 2013. It is his highest scoring total since a 16-point performance vs. Nevada on Dec. 10, 2013.
Freshmen Guard Jordan Mathews
- Scored 18 points for the second-straight game with his performance at UCLA. He has now totaled 36 points in the last two games at USC and UCLA, after combining for 14 points over the previous three contests against Oregon State, Washington and Washington State.
- Recorded at least one three-point field goal in a game for the fourth-straight contest and 14th time this season.
- His two three-point field goals at UCLA give him multiple three-pointers in four games this season.
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
- With 14 points, scored in double figured for the 12th-straight game and 14th time this season.