- Cal’s 77-69 defeat at USC snapped the Golden Bears’ six-game winning streak.
- It was the Bears’ first conference defeat of the season.
- The loss was Cal’s first defeat in exactly a month, since a 68-54 loss at Creighton on Dec. 22, 2013.
- The defeat to USC snapped the Bears’ four-game winning streak against the Trojans. It was Cal’s first setback to USC in Los Angles since a 66-63 defeat on Feb. 4, 2010.
- The Bears, who average 76.3 ppg., were held under 70 points for only the seventh time this season and the first time in the last five games.
- Cal used the starting lineup of Justin Cobbs, Richard Solomon, David Kravish, Tyrone Wallace and Jordan Mathews for the seventh-straight game. It was the first time the Bears have lost with this starting lineup.
Senior Guard Justin Cobbs
- With 22 points, moved ahead of Ayinde Ubaka (1,194 points from 2004-07) and into a tie with Doug True (1,215 from 1977-80) for 22nd place on Cal’s all-time scoring list. He now has 1,215 points in 86 career games at Cal.
- Posted his fourth 20-point game of the season and 17th of his career.
- His six assists marked the 15th time in 19 contests this season the Pac-12’s active career assist leader recorded at least five assists in a game.
Senior Forward Richard Solomon
- With three blocks, moved ahead of Tom Schneiderjohn (105 from 1976-79) and into fifth place on Cal’s career blocks list. He now has (entered with 103) in 96 career games.
- Nearly posted his seventh double-double of the season with nine points and a game-high 13 rebounds.
Freshmen Guard Jordan Mathews
- His 18 points was his third-highest point total of the season.
- With a pair of three-point field goals, recorded his fourth multiple three-point field goal performance of the season
- Has now connected on at least one three-point field goal in 13 games this season, including each of the last three contests,