No. 19/19 California (11-3, 3-0) at Utah (7-7, 0-3)
Jon Huntsman Center • Salt Lake City, Utah
Sunday, Jan. 12 • 12 p.m. PT
Series Record: Cal leads, 9-4
Last: Cal 71, Utah 54 (January 27, 2013 in Berkeley)
TV: Pac-12 Networks (Andy Demetra pxp, Becky Hammon analyst)
BERKELEY – No. 19/19 California looks for its second straight weekend sweep when the Golden Bears visit Utah Sunday afternoon at the Jon Huntsman Center. Tip-off is scheduled for 12 p.m. (PT) and will be televised live on the Pac-12 Networks with Andy Demetra (play-by-play) and Becky Hammon (analyst) on the call.
California (11-3, 3-0 Pac-12) defeated No. 17 Colorado, 57-55, Friday night by coming back from a 10 point deficit with less than five minutes remaining in the game. Cal’s conference-best 18-game Pac-12 regular season winning streak will be put on the line against a Utah (7-7, 0-3 Pac-12) team that is looking for its first Pac-12 win of the season.
The Utes most recently dropped an 87-61 decision to No. 4 Stanford. California has won seven straight in the series.
A CALIFORNIA WIN OVER UTAH WOULD:
* Improve California’s regular season Pac-12 winning streak to 19 games, dating back to a 67-55 win over Stanford at Maples Pavilion on January 13, 2013 - the longest active in the conference.
* Continue Lindsay Gottlieb’s perfection against Pac-12 schools outside the state of California in regular season and postseason games
(7-8 vs California Pac-12 schools ... 29-0 vs non-California Pac-12 schools)
* Give California its eighth consecutive win over Utah as well as a 10-4 series advantage.
* Keep the Bears tied atop the conference standings at 4-0 in Pac-12 play
* Improve California to 15-2 all-time on the Pac-12 Networks.
* Move Lindsay Gottlieb to 34-6 in ALL Pac-12 regular season games at California
* Move Lindsay Gottlieb to 15-4 in AWAY Pac-12 regular season games at California
Utah (7-7, 0-3 Pac-12)
Utah enters Sunday’s game in the midst of a seven-game slide since the start of Pac-12 play. The Utes lost an 87-61 decision to No. 4 Stanford Friday night. Utah is led by senior Michelle Plouffe’s 17.6 points and 10.5 rebounds per game, while freshman Emily Potter is adding 11.8 points per game.
California-Utah Series History
California leads the all-time series, 9-4, and have won seven consecutive against the Utes dating back to the 1989-90 season. California swept Utah last season with victories in Salt Lake City (55-50) and Berkeley (71-54). Utah’s last victory in the series was a 91-60 win in Salt Lake City in the 1988-89 season opener (November 26, 1989).