Cal in the NFL - Week 9
BERKELEY - Here’s a look at the 34 former Cal players playing on Sundays. Top performances of Week 9 were delivered by Keenan Allen, Marshawn Lynch, and a pair of Eagles who made their return to the Bay Area, DeSean Jackson and Mychal Kendricks.
- Keenan Allen (WR), San Diego Chargers – Allen had eight receptions for 128 yards, including a 16 yard TD catch in a 30-24 loss to Washington. In his rookie season, Allen has recorded 100 yards receiving and a TD in three of his last four games.
- Marshawn Lynch (RB), Seattle Seahawks – Lynch rushed for 125 yards on 21 carries and added four receptions for 16 yards in a 27-24 overtime win against Tampa Bay. Lynch rushed for 44 of his 125 yards in overtime, including converting a crucial third and six, to set up the game-winning field goal.
- DeSean Jackson (WR), Philadelphia Eagles – In his return to the Bay Area, Jackson had five receptions for 150 yards, including a 46 yard TD catch in a 49-20 win against Oakland. Jackson’s TD was one of seven TD passes for Nick Foles, tying a single-game NFL record. Jackson also returned three punts for 39 yards.
- Mychal Kendricks (LB), Philadelphia Eagles – Also making his return to the Bay Area, Kendricks recorded 10 tackles, including a sack in a 49-20 win against Oakland. Kendricks had plenty of support as he needed 43 tickets for the friends and family who attended the game.
- Brian De La Puente (C), New Orleans Saints – Started in a 26-20 upset loss to the Jets. The loss dropped the Saints to 6-2 but they remain atop the NFC South.
- Thomas DeCoud (S), Atlanta Falcons – Recorded five tackles in a 34-10 loss to Carolina.
- Matt Giordano (FS), St. Louis Rams – Played in a 28-21 loss to Tennessee.
- Tony Gonzalez (TE), Atlanta Falcons – Had six receptions for 81 yards, including a 17 yard TD catch in a 34-10 loss to Carolina. Gonzalez has 107 TD catches in his career, an NFL record for tight ends.
- Marvin Jones (WR), Cincinnati Bengals – Recorded four receptions for 66 yards in a 22-20 overtime loss to Miami.
- Cameron Jordan (DE), New Orleans Saints – Recorded two tackles and a pass deflection in a 26-20 loss to the Jets.
- L.P. LaDouceur (LS), Dallas Cowbos – Played in a 27-23 win against Minnesota.
- Alex Mack (C), Cleveland Browns – Started in a 24-18 win against Baltimore.
- Brandon Mebane (DT), Seattle Seahawks – Recorded three tackles in a 27-24 overtime win against Tampa Bay.
- Mike Mohamed (LB), Houston Texans – Played in a 28-21 win against St. Louis.
- Mitchell Schwartz (T), Cleveland Browns – Started in a 24-18 win against Baltimore.
- Brian Schwenke (C), Tennessee Titans – Started in a 28-21 win against St. Louis.
- Craig Stevens (TE), Tennessee Titans – Played in a 28-21 win against St. Louis.
Monday Night Football
- Aaron Rodgers (QB), Green Bay Packers
- Chris Conte (FS), Chicago Bears
- Tyson Alualu (DT), Jacksonville Jaguars
- C.J. Anderson (RB), Denver Broncos
- Bryan Anger (P), Jacksonville Jaguars
- Nnamdi Asomugha (CB), San Francisco 49ers
- Justin Forsett (RB), Jacksonville Jaguars
- Mike Gibson (T), Arizona Cardinals
- Jeremy Ross (WR), Detroit Lions
- Will Ta’ufo’ou (FB), Jacksonville Jaguars
- Lorenzo Alexander (LB), Arizona Cardinals
- Desmond Bishop (LB), Minnesota Vikings
- Nick Sundberg (LS), Washington Redskins
- Shane Vereen (RB), New England Patriots (Designated for Return)
- Steve Williams (CB), San Diego Chargers
- Justin Cheadle (G), Pittsburgh Steelers
- D.J. Campbell (S), Miami Dolphins
For more detailed information on Cal’s 34 players currently on NFL rosters, check out their bio pages at ESPN.com.