Cal in the NFL - Week 8
BERKELEY - Here’s a look at the 34 former Cal players playing on Sundays. Top performances of Week 8 were delivered by Marvin Jones, Cameron Jordan, Aaron Rodgers, and Mychal Kendricks.
- Marvin Jones (WR), Cincinnati Bengals – Had eight receptions for 122 yards and four TDs, a Cincinnati record, in a 49-9 statement win over the Jets. Jones became the first NFL receiver with four touchdown catches in a game since Randy Moss and Terrell Owens did it in 2007. For more highlights of Jones’s record-setting day and breakout season, check out: Marvin Jones Sets Bengals Record with Four Touchdown Catches.
- Cameron Jordan (DE), New Orleans Saints – Strip-sack and recovery in the first quarter led to the Saints’ first scoring drive of the game and momentum for a 35-17 win over Buffalo. Jordan has six sacks and two forced fumbles on the season.
- Aaron Rodgers (QB), Green Bay Packers – Playing without three of his best receivers, Rodgers led the Packers to a 44-31 win over Minnesota, throwing for 285 yards and two TDs. Rodgers had his most efficient game of the season, completing 24 of 29 passes for an efficiency rating of 130.6. Rodgers also rushed six times for 31 yards, including a 14 yard scramble on a third down in Minnesota territory.
- Mychal Kendricks (LB), Philadelphia Eagles – Recorded a team-high 12 tackles, including one for loss, in a 15-7 loss to the Giants. Kendricks has become an anchor in the Eagles’ linebacker corps in his sophomore season, playing 100% of the defensive snaps against the Giants.
- Tyson Alualu (DT), Jacksonville Jaguars – Recorded three tackles and a deflected pass in a 42-10 loss to San Francisco.
- C.J. Anderson (RB), Denver Broncos – Carried the ball four times for 22 yards in a 45-21 win over Washington in his NFL debut.
- Bryan Anger (P), Jacksonville Jaguars – Punted four times for an average of 44.5 yards in a 42-10 loss to San Francisco.
- Nnamdi Asomugha (CB), San Francisco 49ers – Did not play in a 42-10 win over Jacksonville.
- Brian De La Puente (C), New Orleans Saints – Protection allowed Drew Brees to throw for five TDs in a 35-17 win over Buffalo.
- Thomas DeCoud (S), Atlanta Falcons – Recorded three tackles in a 27-13 loss to Arizona.
- Justin Forsett (RB), Jacksonville Jaguars – Recorded three receptions for six yards and returned a kick return 21 yards in a 42-10 loss to San Francisco.
- Mike Gibson (T), Arizona Cardinals – Played in a 42-10 loss to San Francisco.
- Tony Gonzalez (TE), Atlanta Falcons – Had three receptions for 26 yards in a 27-13 loss to Arizona.
- DeSean Jackson (WR), Philadelphia Eagles – Had eight receptions for 63 yards in a 15-7 loss to the Giants.
- L.P. LaDouceur (LS), Dallas Cowboys – Played in a 31-30 loss to Detroit.
- Alex Mack (C), Cleveland Browns – Played in a 23-17 loss to Kansas City.
- Jeremy Ross (WR), Detroit Lions – Had one reception for three yards in a 31-30 win over Dallas.
- Mitchell Schwartz (T), Cleveland Browns – Played in a 23-17 loss to Kansas City.
- Will Ta’ufo’ou (FB), Jacksonville Jaguars – Had three receptions for three yards in a 42-10 loss to San Francisco.
Monday Night Football
- Matt Giordano (FS), St. Louis Rams
- Marshawn Lynch (RB), Seattle Seahawks
- Brandon Mebane (DT), Seattle Seahawks
- Keenan Allen (WR), San Diego Chargers
- Chris Conte (FS), Chicago Bears
- Mike Mohamed (LB), Tennessee Titans
- Brian Schwenke (C), Tennessee Titans
- Craig Stevens (TE), Tennessee Titans
- Lorenzo Alexander (LB), Arizona Cardinals
- Desmond Bishop (LB), Minnesota Vikings
- Nick Sundberg (LS), Washington Redskins
- Shane Vereen (RB), New England Patriots (Designated for Return)
- Steve Williams (CB), San Diego Chargers
- Justin Cheadle (G), Pittsburgh Steelers
- D.J. Campbell (S), Miami Dolphins
For more detailed information on Cal’s 34 players currently on NFL rosters, check out their bio pages at ESPN.com.