How to I make a gift?
- Give over the phone
- Call the Athletics Development office at (510) 642-2427.
- Give by mail
- Mail checks made out to “UC Berkeley Foundation” to:
Cal Athletics Development
195 Haas Pavilion
Berkeley, CA 94720-4422
For gifts to specific sports or funds, please include the name of the sport or fund on the Memo line or in an enclosed note.
Are gifts to Cal Athletics tax deductible?
- Yes. Gifts to Cal Athletics are considered philanthropic contributions in support of Cal student-athletes. In instances where donations are necessary for football and men’s basketball season ticket privileges, IRS rules consider 20% of seat donations as benefits received and as 80% tax deductible.
Can I decline benefits?
- Yes. Donors may request that no goods or benefits be received in exchange for donations, ensuring a gift would be 100% tax-deductible. Declining benefits includes declining season ticket privileges and priority points.
What is the tax ID number for Cal Athletics?
- Cal Athletics accepts gifts through the UC Berkeley Foundation and through UC Regents If you are unsure of which number to use, please contact Cal Athletics Development.
- Tax ID Numbers:
UC Berkeley Foundation: 94-6090626
UC Regents: 94-6002123
Can I make a gift of stock or other securities?
- Yes. Gifts can be made through the UC Berkeley Foundation. For questions about gifts of securities, or other gifts-in-kind, please contact the UC Berkeley Senior Gift Steward at Phone: (510) 642-6791 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Does Cal accept corporate matching gifts?
- Yes. Hundreds of companies currently match their employees’ gifts to UC Berkeley, and donors to Cal Athletics that use their company match receive full Bear Backer and priority point credit for the company’s portion. To find out if your company will match your gift to Cal Athletics, please consult our employer matching gift search at CalBears.com/matchmygift for more information.
Can I schedule a gift to be made on a recurring schedule?
- Yes. Gifts can be scheduled on monthly or quarterly basis. Visit CalBears.com/donate to select the fund for your gift, then select the “recurring gift each month” or “recurring gift each quarter” option.
I work for UC Berkeley. Can I have my donation taken from my paycheck?
- Yes. Gifts can be made through payroll deduction. Visit the UC Berkeley Foundation website for more information and for an online authorization form.
- » Payroll Deduction
Can I make a gift of property or items of value?
- Sometimes. Cal Athletics accepts Gifts-in-kind only in cases where the gift offsets a necessary operating expense. Gifts-in-kind must be approved by Cal Athletics Development before being accepted.
I’ve moved. How do I change my address with Cal Athletics?
- For any change of contact information (including name, phone number, email address or mailing address), please email both the Athletic Ticket Office (email@example.com) and Cal Athletics Development (firstname.lastname@example.org) with the old and new information.
Can my friend and I share a donor account?
- No. Donor and season ticket accounts may only be held in the name of an individual, an individual and spouse, or a business/corporation. All donation, ticket, and priority point history earned in an account cannot be transferred.