|Hometown:||Ponte Vedre, Fla.|
|High School:||The Bolles School|
- Named NCAA, CSCAA and Pac-12 Swimmer of the Year in 2015 after earning his second-straight national title in both the 100 and 200 backstroke. Set American, NCAA and U.S. Open records in the 200 with his time of 1:36.77. Also set an NCAA record in the 100 with a time of 44.17 on his leadoff leg of the 400 medley relay in which the Bears finished third.
- Also won a NCAA title as part of the Bears' 200 medley relay team. Swam the leadoff leg and teamed with Chuck Katis, Justin Lynch and Tyler Messerschmidt to stop the clock in 1:22.40, a time that broke the American record Cal set in 2014.
- Won his first two NCAA individual titles in the 100 (44.63) and 200 back (then-NCAA record 1:37.35) in 2014.
- Was a 2014 NCAA champion as a member of the Bears' 200 free relay (second leg 18.75), American record 200 medley relay (backstroke leg 20.90) and 400 medley relay (backstroke leg 44.91).
- Named 2014 Pac-12 Newcomer of the Year.
- Was a 2014 CSCAA Scholar-Athlete with a 3.7 GPA as a freshman and backed that up in 2015 by earning a spot on the Pac-12 All-Academic first team.
- Is a member of the U.S. National Team in the 100 and 200 back entering the 2015-16 season.
- At the 2014 Pan Pacifics was third in the 100 back and fourth in the 200 back.
- At the 2014 U.S. Nationals won silver medals in both the 100 and 200 back.
- Won bronze medal in the 200-meter backstroke and gold medal in the medley relay at 2012 FINA Short Course Meters World Championships.
- National championship in the 200 back (1:38.15) at AT&T Winter Nationals.
- Bronze Medal in the 200m Backstroke at the 2011 Pan American Games.
- Bronze Medal in the 200m Backstroke at the 2011 Junior World Championships.
- Third Place Finish in the 2013 World Championship Trials in the 100 Back (53.38) and 200 Back (1:56.32).
- Gold Medal at the 2013 US Open in the 200 Backstroke (1:55.87).
- Set 17 different NAG Records.
High School Success:
- Named 2013 National High School Swimmer of the Year.
- 15 Time Florida High School Class 1A State Champion.
- Set the National High School Record in the 100 Back (45.32) in November, 2012.
- Member of three High School National Record Breaking Relays: 200 Medley relay (1:28.02), 200 Free Relay (1:19.27), and the 400 Free Relay (2:54.43).
- Set the National Independent High School Records in the 50 Free (19.54) and 100 Free (42.95).
- Parents are Pat and Katy Murphy.
- Undeclared major with an interest in business.
- Born July 2, 1995 in Palos Heights, Ill.
100 Back 44.17
200 Back 1:36.77
200 IM 1:41.76
100 Back 53.21
200 Back 1:55.73