2013 Football Gameday T-Shirt Vote
UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA
" 2013 Football Gameday T-Shirt Vote”
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 9am Pacific Standard Time (PST) on Wednesday, May 22 and ends at 11:59pm on Sunday, June 23, 2013 (the "Sweepstakes Period").
2. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is eligible to all Cal fans ages 18 and up.
Board members or executive officers of the University of California Berkeley, employees of the Cal Athletic Department ("Sponsor"), IMG World, and any subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, advertising and promotional agencies of Cal Athletics, or the immediate family (spouse, parent, sibling, children, grandparent or grandchildren) and/or household members of any persons referenced in this paragraph are ineligible to participate. You must be a Cal fan to win.
3. TO ENTER:
1. Sign up and be entered in a drawing to win two (2) season tickets to 2013 Cal Football, 2013-14 Cal Men’s Basketball and two (2) 2013 Olympic Sport passes. To increase your eligibility to win, you must share the contest via Twitter and use #GBSummer. You must enter to win by June 22, 2013.
4. SELECTION OF WINNERS: The Winner will be determined by random selection in Berkeley, CA on or about Monday June 24, 2013, from among all eligible entries received. Where applicable, the Winner will be notified by phone or e-mail. To be eligible to receive the prize, Winner must comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and award of prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Prior to receiving Prize, Winner will be required to provide tax identification number and other information reasonably necessary to enable Sponsor to fulfill any tax reporting requirements and confirm in writing in a form reasonably required by Sponsor that Winner and/or Winner's guests meet the eligibility requirements of section 2, above. If a Winner cannot be contacted, or fails to provide the information referred to above or provide other information that may be required by law within the required time period, Winner shall be deemed to have forfeited the Prize. In the event that a Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the Prize to an alternate Winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries received. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotional Period.
5. PRIZE: The Contest Prize is as follows:
- GRAND PRIZE: One grand prize winner will receive two (2) 2013 Cal football season tickets, two (2) 2013 Cal Men’s Basketball Season Tickets and 2 (two) 2013 Olympic Sport Passes. Value approximately $950.
Official Winner will be responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and fees and all other expenses associated with Prize receipt and/or use that are not expressly included in the Prize description, including but not limited to transportation to and from the University of California. No cash or other substitution, assignment or transfer of any prizes permitted, except by Sponsors, who reserve the right to substitute Prize or prize component with cash or another prize of comparable or greater value. Sponsor is solely responsible for providing elements of Prize to Official Winner.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize subject to availability. No substitution or cash equivalent of prize permitted, except at sole discretion of Sponsor. Sponsor may substitute a prize of equal or greater value. Sponsor may change the number of prizes awarded in its sole discretion. No prize transfers permitted, except at Sponsor's discretion. Official Winner is solely responsible for any expenses and any other costs not described as part of the prize. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of Winner.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the Prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules, or in any manner which violates University of California, Berkeley policy or other applicable laws, rules or regulations. Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. RELEASE/LIMITS OF LIABILITY: BY ENTERING THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AND WINNER AGREES TO RELEASE, DISCHARGE, AND INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMLESS, THE REGENTS OF THE UNIVERSITY OF CALIFORNIA AND THEIR RESPECTIVE BOARD MEMBERS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS AND REPRESENTATIVES FROM AND AGAINST ANY CLAIM, CAUSE OF ACTION OF ANY KIND OR OTHER LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES, INJURY OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, TO ANY PERSONRESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE OR USE OF ANY PRIZE OR PARTICIPATION IN ANY CONTEST RELATED ACTIVITY OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION PERSONAL INJURY, DEATH, AND/OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, AS WELL AS CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION, AND/OR INVASION OF PRIVACY.
10. DISPUTES: Each entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of appropriate jurisdiction in the state of California; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will entrants be permitted to obtain awards for and entrants hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages (other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses) and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of California or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of California.
11. SPONSOR: The University of California, Berkeley, Athletic Department, Haas Pavilion #140, Berkeley, CA 94720.