MEMBER SIGN IN
Don't have an account? Click Here


Big "C"

The Big “C” is located on Charter Hill above Memorial Stadium and was constructed in 1905 by the classes of 1907 and ’08. The road up to the Big “C” was built on February 29, 1916 by the male members of the Cal student body in three-and-a-half hours, using 2,000 picks and shovels that were donated by the Southern Pacific Railroad. The Rally Committee became the custodians and guardians of the Big “C” some time after 1952. Since then, the Committee has been in charge of painting the “C”.


Cal Bears Athletics News