Completed her collegiate career in 2009
2008 U.S. Olympic Trials
• Placed ninth in the semifinals of the 50-meter free (25.39) and 13th in the semifinals of the 100-meter free (55.28) - both personal bests (on a meter course); also had a personal mark in the 200-meter free (2:01.53).
• Garnered All-America status in three events (50-yard freestyle, 200-yard free relay and 200-medley relay) and honorable mention All-America honors in the 100 free (15th in 48.82) at the 2009 NCAA Championships to help the Bears claim their first national team title...part of a school-record setting 200-free relay (1:26.48) that placed second, swam on sixth-place 200-medley relay (1:37.04) and finished fifth in the 50 free (21.94) at NCAAs.
• At the 2009 Pac-10 Championships, swam on winning 400-yard free relay that posted a then- NCAA, Pac-10 and school record time of 3:11.05 and on winning 800-free relay that set school and conference records with a time of 6:56.87 as part of Cal's first Pac-10 team crown...finished fourth in 100 free in PR 48.18, sixth in the 200 free in a then-PR 1:45.85 and seventh in the 50 free in 22.48.
• Owns the fifth-best 100-yard free mark (48.18) on Cal's all-time performance list.
• A 2009 Pac-10 all-academic honorable mention.
• 2008 All-American (50-yard free; 200-yard free relay; 400-yard free relay; 800-yard free relay; 200-yard medley relay; 400-yard medley relay).
• Broke the school record (and set a personal best) in the 50 free with a time of 21.87 set in the preliminaries of the 2008 NCAA Championships.
• Was in the foursome posted a school-record and second-place finish in the 200 free relay (1:27.52) at the 2008 NCAA Championships.
• Was on the foursome that set a new meet record in the 400 free relay (3:13.22) at the 2008 Pac-10 Championships.
Prior to Cal (Rutgers)
• In 2005-06, had one of the most notable seasons by a Rutgers swimmer, finishing 15th in the 100 free at the NCAAs (49.43) and earning All-America honorable mentions in five events as a freshman (200, 400, and 800 free relays, 50 and 100 free).
• Set a Rutgers record in the 50 free (22.56) and was on the 400 free relay that won the Big East championship with a time of 3:20.48.
• Secured a spot on the 2009 World University Games roster in the 50m free with a time of 25.22 ... also qualified via the 100 free with a time of 55.44.
• Hopes to train marine mammals and do research at coastal laboratories.
• Interdisciplinary studies major
Why I Chose Cal
"I transferred to California from Rutgers University as a junior. California is the best team in the country, with the best coaching staff. Each member of the team is motivated toward one goal and does so with determination and heart. To swim for Cal is to become part of something bigger than you."
Best Times at Cal (In Yards)
50 free 21.87 (2008 NCAAs)
100 free 48.18 (2/25/09 Pac-10s)
200 free 1:45.74 (3/19/09 NCAAs)
100 back 55.00 (2008 Pac-10s)