Vollmer captures the second Olympic gold medal of her career.
Completed her Cal career in 2009
2008 U.S. Olympic Trials
• Placed fifth in the final of the 100-meter fly (58.64); ninth in the semifinals of the 100-meter free (54.84); and seventh in the final of the 200-meter free (1:58.67).
• Claimed numerous awards in a stellar final season as a Bear - named the 2009 NCAA Swimmer of the Year, Pac-10 Swimmer of the Year and Honda Sports Award winner for Swimming...nominated for a 2009 ESPY Award in the Best Female Collegiate Athlete category...won four national titles and was key member of Cal's first NCAA team championship...won the 100- (PR 47.17) and 200-yard freestyles and swam on the winning 400- and 800-free relays at NCAAs...the 400-free relay set a school, NCAA, NCAA Championship meet, American and U.S. Open record with a time of 3:09.88...anchored the 800-free relay that won in a school, NCAA, NCAA Championship, American and U.S. Open record time of 6:52.69 and anchored the 200-free relay that set a school record of 1:26.48 in a second-place finish at NCAAs.
• Also won the 100 free (then-PR 47.19) and 200 free (1:42.68) and swam on the winning 400-free relay (then-NCAA, Pac-10 and school record 3:11.05) and the winning 800-free relay (then-Cal and Pac-10 record 6:56.87 at the 2009 Pac-10 Championships...Vollmer clocked a Pac-10, NCAA, Cal and American record time of 1:41.53 in the leadoff leg of the 800-free relay and swam on the second-place 200-free relay that set a then-school record of 1:27.77 at Pac-10s.
• 2007 NCAA Champion in the 100 fly (50.69) ... finished second in the 100 fly at the 2008 NCAA Championships.
• Former American record holder in the 400 and 800 free relays as well as the 400 medley relay (2007).
• Back-to-back Pac-10 Champion in the 100 fly (2007 and 2008).
• All-American in 2007 (100-yard fly; 200-yard fly; 50-yard free; 400-yard free relay; 800-yard free relay; 200-yard medley relay; 400-yard medley relay).
• All-American in 2008 (100-yard fly; 200-yard free relay; 400-yard free relay; 800-yard free relay; 200-yard medley relay; 400-yard medley relay).
• Broke Mary T. Meagher's 1986 Cal dual meet record in the 200 fly with a time of 1:53.96 at Stanford on Feb. 16, 2008
• Also broke Natalie Coughlin's 2003 Cal dual meet record in the 100 fly with a time of 51.79 at Stanford on Feb. 16, 2008.
• Set a new personal best in the 200 fly (1:52.37) at the 2008 Pac-10 Championships.
• Swam a personal best 48.65 in the 100 free at Stanford (2/16/08)
• Ranks in the top 10 in six events on Cal's all-time performance charts: 50 free (4th), 100 free (4th), 200 free (2nd), 500 free (9th), 100 fly (2nd) and 200 fly (2nd).
• 2007 and 2008 Pac-10 Academic All-Conference selection.
• A nominee for the 2006-07 Honda Award for Women's Swimming and Diving.
• Earned All-American honors in the 200 free relay, 400 free relay, 800 free relay, 200 medley relay in 2006
• Nabbed seven All-SEC honors in seven events the 50 free, 100 free, 100 fly, 200 free relay, 400 free relay, 200 medley relay, 800 free relay.
• Won Olympic gold in 2004 as part of the 800-free relay that set a world record.
• Won a gold medal and set a new world record at the 2007 FINA World Championships as part of the 4x200 relay, earned a silver medal as part of the 4x100 medley relay, and earned another silver as part of the 4x100 free relay...also earned a fifth-place finish in the 200 free.
• Earned gold as part of U.S. 800-meter free relay; fifth in 200 free (1:59.76) at the 2006 Pan Pacific Championships.
• Earned first-place in the 200 free at the Olympic trials for the 2004 Games.
• 2003 Pan American Games: earned gold in the 200-meter free; also part of the foursome that holds the PanAm Games record in the 4x200-meter free relay.
• 2001 Goodwill Games: youngest U.S. competitor at age 13.
• 2000 U.S. Olympic Trials: youngest competitor at age 12.
• Anthropology major
Why I Chose Cal
"I chose Cal because of the passion and love displayed by the coach and every athlete in our sport. This team drives each other to perfection in a manner that creates a positive team atmosphere to make us all become better individuals."
Best Cal Times (In Yards)
50 free 22.05 (2007 Pac-10s)
100 free 47.17 (3/21/09 NCAAs)
200 free 1:41.53 (2/25/09 Pac-10s)
100 fly 50.69 (2007 NCAAs)
200 fly 1:52.37 (2008 Pac-10s)