Samantha Walker Biography
What the Coaches Are Saying:
• Has great athleticism and potential to play anywhere on the outside
• Extremely hard worker with a great attitude
• Possesses a very good sense of the game
As a Junior (2011):
• Took the field in 20 of Cal's 22 games
• Tallied five shots
• Named a Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention
As a Sophomore (2010):
• Played in 19 of Cal's 20 games, starting 14
• Notched two assists for two points
• Received a Pac-10 all-academic honorable mention
As a Freshman (2009):
• Played in 19 of Cal's 21 games, starting seven matches
• Had the assist on the ultimate game-winning goal in her first cap as a Bear against Nevada
• Took eight shots
• Participated in ODP from 2005-07
• Was a national select team member in 2005 and an alternate in 2005
• In 2007, she played on an ODP team that played in the Super Y league national championship tournament
• Was named to the all-tournament select team
• Competed in the U.S. Club Regional Championships in 2006 and went onto to win the national tournament
• Named MVP of BVAL my junior year and of the DVAL her senior year
• Was named to the tournament all-star team
• Four-year varsity letterwinner out of Clayton Valley HS, at which she led the team in assists and was second in scoring for three years and led as a senior
• Named to three all-league teams, including a first-team honor in her junior year and was CVHS team MVP
• Also competed on an AAU basketball team
• Lettered in varsity track for three years, and was an NCS qualifier in the 100-meter dash
Walker's Career Statistics
Year G GS Shots Goals Ast Pts 2009 19 7 8 0 1 1 2010 19 14 2 0 2 2 2011 20 0 5 0 0 0 Totals 58 21 15 0 3 3
Samantha Walker off the Pitch
Full Name: Samantha Marie Walker
I Chose Cal because...I have always been a Cal fan since I was born and I love their traditions.
Favorite thing about Bay Area is...how you are never bored, there is always something going on.
Most interesting thing I did this summer was...go to Tahoe with my family.
When I'm upset, I like to...get my mind off it by running or talking to someone.
I get mad when I miss this TV show: "House"
The best moment in sports history was when...Brandi Chastain scored the winning penalty kick in the 1999 World Cup.
Cal is better than other schools because...the tradition here. It is a great academic and athletic school, you can not get any better!
Something I learned from my parents is...to never give up no matter how hard times get.
Do you have any hidden talents? I can make my tongue into a clover
What is one thing about your hometown that you miss? The tranquility