Postgame Notes: California-Jackson State
The Golden Bears are now 7-0 at Haas Pavilion, this season. Cal's 73 points against Jackson State marked the eighth time, this season, that the Bears have scored 70 points, or more. Cal finished the
By Cal Athletics on Sun, December 11, 2011
Dec. 11, 2011
- Cal's 73 points against Jackson State marked the eighth time, this season, that the Bears have scored 70 points, or more.
- Cal finished the game shooting 27-51 (52.9%) from the field to improve its season percentage to 47.6 percent. The Golden Bears have shot at least 50 percent in four of their last five games.
- With the win, Cal improves to 2-0, all-time, against Jackson State. The Bears previously beat the Tigers, 117-74, at Haas Pavilion on Dec. 5, 2007.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe led all scorers with 17 (7-13) points. It was the third game in a row that Crabbe led the Bears in scoring. He now is averaging 15.8 points per game and has eclipsed 15 points in seven games, this season.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez's 10 assists set a new team high, this season. The previous high was seven, last achieved by Justin Cobbs on Nov. 28 against McNeese State, at Haas Pavilion. As a team, the Golden Bears set a season high with 24 assists.
- Junior F Bak Bak's 10 points on 4-for-4 shooting a new season high; he previously had six points against George Washington on Nov. 13.
- Cal's defense was stingy to tie its season high of 16 forced turnovers. They previously forced 16 turnovers against Austin Peay on Nov. 15.
- Sophomore F Richard Solomon returned from his two-game suspension and contributed 6 points (3-3), 4 rebounds, and one blocked shot in 13 minutes.
- Cal has held its opponents under 50 points in back-to-back games for the first time since the 1984-85 season, when the Bears held Dartmouth, Seattle, and Montana State to 44, 43, and 45 points, respectively on Dec. 18, Dec. 21, and Dec. 22, 1984.