March 18, 2007
PITTSBURGH, Pa. -
- Ashley Walker posted a Pac-10-leading 12th double-double after leading all scorers with 20 points and 13 rebounds.
- Walker also led Cal with 21 points against St. John's in the first round of the 2006 NCAA Tournament.
- Walker recorded at least 20 points 10 times this season and tallied double-digit points in 29-of-32 games.
- Devanei Hampton's 13 points today marked her 28th double-digit scoring game this season and her 17th in a row.
- Walker's 10 free throws made were one shy of Cal's NCAA Tournament record, set by Trisha Stafford vs. Santa Clara in 1992.
- Walker's 12 free throws attempted matched Stafford's performance vs. Santa Clara for the school NCAA record.
- Walker finished today's game one rebound shy of tying Kesha Martin's (14) Cal NCAA record, established vs. Kansas in 1993.
- Cal set a program NCAA three-point percentage record by hitting 40-percent of its chances today (4-10) and tied the school NCAA record for three-pointers made (also sank four vs. Long Beach State in 1990).
- Cal's 17 free throws made today tied the school NCAA mark set vs. Kansas in 1993, and the Bears' 24 free throws attempted established a new program NCAA record.
- Cal is 1-5 all-time in five NCAA Tournament appearances, with the one victory coming against Kansas in 1993.
- Hampton and Walker will enter their 2007-08 junior seasons close to the 1,000-point plateau. Hampton has 963-career points, while Walker has 950. Walker eclipsed 500 rebounds (has 507) with her performance today, while Hampton is at 477.
- Cal (23-9) finished the 2006-07 season one victory shy of the 1983-84 team (24-8) for the school record. The Bears registered three new school records this season -- scoring defense (60.1 ppg), field goal percentage defense (37.3%) and scoring margin (+7.8).