Cal-Kansas Postgame Notes
California now trails the all-time series with Kansas, 16-3. Despite the loss, Cal has won 42 of its last 47 nonconference home games. This is the first time Cal has hosted a non-conference team ranke
By Cal Athletics on Wed, December 22, 2010
Dec. 22, 2010
- California now trails the all-time series with Kansas, 16-3.
- Despite the loss, Cal has won 42 of its last 47 nonconference home games.
- This is the first time Cal has hosted a non-conference team ranked in the top five since Dec. 12, 1958, when the Bears hosted the No. 3 Kansas State Wildcats and lost, 68-65.
- The Jayhawks are the third ranked team Cal has faced in non-conference play this year. The Bears defeated No. 20 Temple, 57-50, in Orlando, Fla., on Nov. 25 and fell to then-No. 14 San Diego State, 77-57, at home on Dec. 8.
- Markhuri Sanders-Frison had a big night for the Bears, finishing with 10 points and 12 rebounds, good for his third career and second consecutive double-double. The rebound total included six offensive rebounds. It matched his career high as well as the most for any Golden Bear this season.
- Despite being limited to 28 minutes of action. Jorge Gutierrez scored 15 points to lead Golden Bear scorers. He has reached double figures the past five games and in 9 out of 11 games this season.
- After trailing 47-30 with 18:09 to play in the second period, Cal went on a 13-0 run over the next 2:42 to cut the lead to 47-43.