Jan. 29, 2011
- With today's 85-77 victory, Cal now leads the all-time series against Oregon, 77-55. The Bears have won 10 of their last 11 against the Ducks in Berkeley. Mike Montgomery is now 33-9 lifetime against Oregon. Cal is also 18-4 in Pac-10 home games under Montgomery.
- Markhuri Sanders-Frison scored a career-high 18 points (6-7 FG, 6-9 FT). He had 15 several times previously, most recently in Thursday's win over Oregon State. Over his past four games, he is shooting 21-of-33 from the floor (63.6%).
- After making just 13 of its first 23 attempts at the foul line, Cal connected on 17 of its last 18 to finish 30-of-41 from the stripe.
- Jorge Gutierrez made his first three-point attempt early in the first half, his first three-pointer since the Washington game on Jan. 16. He was 0-6 from behind the arc in the three games before today.
- Cal shot 7-for-14 from three-point range, matching its season high for most treys in a game.
- Harper Kamp finished with 13 points, shooting 4-of-7 from the floor. He has made at least half his field goal attempts each of the last six games, going 38-for-66 (57.6%).
- Jeff Powers, who had only appeared in two games all season before today and scored the first points of his career - a three-pointer - late in Thursday's win over Oregon State, nailed another trey at the 11;51 mark of the first half vs. Oregon.
- Cal led, 47-35, at the half - its highest first-half point total of the year. The Bears scored 42 vs. Washington State on Jan. 13. All nine Cal players who saw action in the opening 20 minutes made at least one field goal when the Bears sank 15 of their 24 shots (62.5%).