Cal-Washington Games Notes
Allen Crabbe reached double figures in scoring for the ninth time this season. He has scored at last 10 points each of the last four games and in six of his last seven contests. Crabbe had 16 points a
By Cal Athletics on Sun, January 16, 2011
Jan. 16, 2011
- Allen Crabbe reached double figures in scoring for the ninth time this season. He has scored at last 10 points each of the last four games and in six of his last seven contests. Crabbe had 16 points and six rebounds against the Huskies.
- With 20 points against the Huskies, Harper Kamp scored at least 20 points for the third time this season and first time since he had an even 20 vs. Southern Miss on Dec. 12. Over his past six games, he has averaged 15.8 ppg points, including a 19-point effort vs. Hartford and 18 vs. Washington State. During the stretch he is shooting 36-for-64 from the field (56.3%).
- Richard Solomon finished with a career-high 14 points, making all five of his field-goal attempts and going 4-for-8 from the free throw line. His previous best was 10 vs. Hartford.
- Washington scored 92 points, most for a Cal opponent this year. Stanford scored 82 points on Jan. 2. UW also drained more three-pointers than any Cal opponent - 13.
- Freshman guard Emerson Murray played 10 minutes in the first half, the first time he reached double digits since playing in 12 minutes vs. Boston College back on Nov. 28. He finished with a career-high 16 minutes.
- The 92-71 loss was Cal's biggest defeat since falling 95-73 vs. Syracuse in New York on Nov. 19, 2009.
- Former Golden Bear running back Jahvid Best, now a member of the NFL's Detroit Lions, attended the game and received a rousing ovation when introduced at halftime.
- In a brief pregame ceremony, Cal head coach Mike Montgomery was honored for earning his 600th career victory when the Bears defeated Hartford, 74-56, on Dec. 28.