March 7, 2012
BERKELEY - With the first game scheduled in a newly renovated California Memorial Stadium just under six months away, CalBears.com recently toured the facility to get a first-hand look at the construction progress. From field level to the main concourse to the top of the press box, the facility remains on track to be game ready for the Sept. 1 opener against Nevada.
Among the many new features fans will see upon returning to Strawberry Canyon are:
- A wider main concourse with new and expanded restrooms and concession areas on the west side
- Improved access around the facility, including new wheelchair seating areas
- A modernized public address system
- State-of-the art scoreboards with enhanced video and graphics capabilities within the existing structures at the north and south ends of the stadium
- An Endowment Seating Program area (approximately 3,000 seats) that will include chair-back seating and access to three club levels (Field Club, Stadium Club and University Club)
- Benches with backs and additional legroom from the goal line to the 30-yard line on the west side
- No more wooden benches - all are being replaced with aluminum seating
For more details about the stadium, including information on a variety of season-ticket packages to fit every budget as well as how to participate in ESP, visit CaliforniaMemorialStadium.com.
2012 California Football Schedule Date Opponent Location Sat., Sep. 1 vs. Nevada Berkeley Sat., Sep. 8 vs. Southern Utah Berkeley Sat., Sep. 15 at Ohio State Columbus, Ohio Sat., Sep. 22 at USC Los Angeles, Calif. Sat., Sep. 29 vs. Arizona State Berkeley Sat., Oct. 6 vs. UCLA Berkeley Sat., Oct. 13 at Washington State Pullman, Wash. Sat., Oct. 20 vs. Stanford Berkeley Sat., Oct. 27 at Utah Salt Lake City, Utah Fri., Nov. 2 vs. Washington Berkeley Sat., Nov. 10 vs. Oregon Berkeley Sat., Nov. 17 at Oregon State Corvallis, Ore.