Cal-Air Force Game Notes
Cal-Air Force Game Notes (with five minutes left in the game) Armed Forces Bowl
Attendance: 40,905 (largest in Armed Forces Bowl history)
- Senior wide receiver Sam DeSa made his second career start against the Falcons today ... DeSa made his first career start in 2006 versus UCLA.
- Sophomore Brett Johnson made his first career start at free safety as well today.
- Junior Chet Teofilo made his first career start on the offensive line.
- R-Freshman quarterback Kevin Riley entered the game in the second quarter - he completed his first three passes, all to DeSean Jackson, which included a 40-yard touchdown pass ... Riley also threw a five-yard touchdown pass to Lavelle Hawkins in the second quarter and an 18-yard touchdown pass to Robert Jordan in the third quarter ... it was the first time ever that Jackson, Hawkins and Jordan each caught touchdown passes in the same game ... Riley completed Cal's second-longest pass play of the season (52 yards) to Robert Jordan in the third quarter.
- DeSean Jackson's 40-yard touchdown reception in the second quarter was his longest TD reception of the season and sixth overall of 2007.
- Lavelle Hawkins hauled in his sixth touchdown of the season (12th of his career) in the second quarter.
- Robert Jordan tied Dameane Douglas for ninth all-time in career receiving touchdowns (13) in the third quarter ... Jordan also registered his 42nd straight game with at least one reception ... This was Jordan's first 100-yard receiving game since the Washington contest in 2005 ... Jordan went over 2,000 yards receiving for his career after today's contest.
- Justin Forsett recorded his 15th rushing touchdown of the season (tied for most in a single-season) ... he also passed Chuck Muncie for second place on the single-season rushing chart.
- Craig Stevens played in his 50th career game - second-most in Cal history.
- Junior LaReylle Cunningham hauled in his third reception of the year in the first quarter.
- R-Freshman James Montgomery tied his season-long rushing attempt (16-yards) in the first quarter.
- Cal's opponents have kicked 22 field goals - the most against the Golden Bears in program history.