Postgame Notes: California at Oregon
The Bears have won eight of their last 10 games against the Ducks and now own an eight-game winning streak to tie the longest streak in series history dating back to a 76-69 victory at Haas Pavilion o
By Cal Athletics on Sun, January 08, 2012
Jan. 8, 2012
- The Bears have won eight of their last 10 games against the Ducks and now own an eight-game winning streak to tie the longest streak in series history dating back to a 76-69 victory at Haas Pavilion on Jan. 24, 2009. Cal also won eight straight games against Oregon from 1919-37. Oregon’s longest streak was four games from 1972-74.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe had 23 points in the second half including a stretch through which Cal scored 13 unanswered points on three of his three-pointers.
- The Bears won their first true road game of the season, and their first Pac-12 road game, this year.
- Cal has won four of its last five games in Eugene, Ore., and is 6-4 in the last 10 games as Oregon’s visitor.
- Head coach Mike Montgomery is 8-0 in games against the Ducks since his arrival at Cal.
- The Bears led at the half (30-27) for the 13th time, this season. Cal is now 13-0 in games in which it has held the halftime lead.
- Cal is 13-0, this season, in games in which it has posted a higher shooting percentage than its opponent.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez scored eight of Cal’s first 11 points.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez’s 18 points pushed his career total to 1,041 points, and into a 36th-place tie with Mark McNamara (1981-82) for career points at Cal.
- Senior G Jorge Gutierrez’s two steals moved him into an eighth-place tie with Shantay Legans (2000-02) on Cal’s all-time career steals ladder with 131.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe recorded his second career game with six made three-pointers. The other came against Arizona on Feb. 5, 2011. This was his fifth career game with at least five made three-pointers. He has had two others games, this season, in which he has had five; Dec. 19 against UC Santa Barbara, and Nov. 13 against George Washington.
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe recorded a season-high 26 points and a career-high 12 rebounds to notch his second double-double, this season; the third of his career.
- Cal had two players reach double digits in rebounds in the same game for the first time, this season; Allen Crabbe (12) and Richard Solomon (10).
- Sophomore G Allen Crabbe had his sixth 20-point game, this season; the 12th of his career.
- Still recovering from a concussion sustained on Thursday, at Oregon State, junior G Brandon Smith did not appear in his first game, at Cal, since the end of his freshman season when he dressed but did not enter the final four games of the year (Pac-10 tournament and NCAA tournament games). This is the first time he has not dressed for a game since his freshman year at De La Salle HS.